• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Test models for 3D printed accordinas

• Thread starter Deleted member 48
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

A 3D printer shared a first accordina test model.

accordina guy a imprimer avec imprimante 3D

essai accordina 3D (sur un bout de indifference)

simulation impression 3D accordina Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting design. I wonder why the small holes... New accordinas you buy also have their body made of a composite material (a kind of plastic) so it is quite feasible to make your own (but you still need buttons, springs, felt, and of course reeds.

I have no idea, but he's someone worth following on YT.
He's already experimenting with double reeds accordinas (bandoneon style):

impression 3D Bandodina

sommier accordina bando

accordina bando

I'm really interested in that project, appart of the price of the accordina, it's really expensive, i like the DIY world.

I asked him in YouTube, to share the design, but he doesn't answer (yet?).

I started making experiments with my printer, designing something of the buttons mechanism.

To allow the air pass to the reed (making a small labyrinth inside the piece) when I press the button, and then return to this place with a spring.
But the investigation is very slow... ;)

I don't know neither where buy the reeds or reed kit to have all the notes disponible and continue making.

I found the patent of the Accordina in USA, i found it very interesting and very good explained.

(I found after my design of the mecanism, and it is very similar).

I see that in the patent, works both ways by blowing and sucking air.

Attachments

• US2461806.pdf
    463.3 KB · Views: 3
Game changer..... Though Borel Steel still sounds far more formidable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back