• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Stunned, simply stunning.

It is impressive, but somehow his version doesn't sound like anyone else's and I have the PDF of that song, and basically, nothing he played came from there... LOL

Obvious evidence that Zubitsky stole the idea from Paganini, ... lol
Kidding aside, its rare that one sees 2 songs with the same name that are completely different, and you are right of course. Though both impressive, IMHO, the Paganini version is way more palatable.

It is impressive, but somehow his version doesn't sound like anyone else's and I have the PDF of that song, and basically, nothing he played came from there... LOL

The Victor Wang video looks and sounds speed up. The attack of the notes and the erratic left hand. I know this because I have speed up some of my own practice recordings and it looks too similar. And it only could be 5 or 10% speed up.
Hope it is not though because it is a good version of the tune.

I might be wrong, but don't think so.

Any thoughts?

No words to add:

That’s Andrew Hrustevich playing, right? I’ve listened to many of his performances on YouTube. Always amazing.
I found 93 videos on his playlist - many (or most) apparently split out into individual pieces from his longer concerts.

But I wish I understood the language of the introductions on some of them, such as this one:

(I especially liked the Mozart about an hour and ten minutes in)

I could listen for hours. Wait, I already have…

But… yikes, he looks at the keyboard sometimes!

JKJ

Last edited:
But I wish I understood the language of the introductions on some of them, such as this one:
Here it is:
"Solo concert of Honored Artist of Ukraine Oleksandr Khrustevich"
Google translate will do it, you just need to change the language selection from Ukrainian to Russian and it's good to go!🙂

Here it is:
"Solo concert of Honored Artist of Ukraine Oleksandr Khrustevich"
Google translate will do it, you just need to change the language selection from Ukrainian to Russian and it's good to go!🙂

Thank you. I see now the video Ffingers posted is just one selection from the entire concert I linked to.

Translation: I don’t know of Google is behind it, but when I turned on the Closed Captioning in the video with English targeted (using Safari on my iPad) I got much, but not all, of the what the woman announcer was saying. I watched the entire thing again and the translation added an entirely new dimension to the experience, introducing each piece, often with some background. For one thing, they discovered with surprise that Volodymyr Zubytsky, the composer of that Perpetuum Mobile, was in the audience for the concert!

I think it’s worth listening to the whole concert, especially with the CC turned on if the language is not familiar. I listened with headphones but now I want to hear it all again, this time on my wife’s wall-sized screen with the good speakers.

(the translation mentioned “bayan” several times. newbee question: is that instrument called a bayan or type of bayan? a converter, no stradella on the left hand? what would best describe it? please excuse my ignorance. regardless, I love the result in the hands of a virtuoso)

JKJ

(the translation mentioned “bayan” several times. newbee question: is that instrument called a bayan or type of bayan? a converter, no stradella on the left hand? what would best describe it? please excuse my ignorance. regardless, I love the result in the hands of a virtuoso)

JKJ

"Bayan" is simply the Slavic word for accordion and encompasses many variations on the theme.

Thank you for sharing such virtuosity with us @Ffingers. It is good to hear Mr Hrustevich go "full steam ahead" to remind us of the capabilities of the accordion.

As I always try to avoid playing music that's already been "done" I'll give all these forms of perpetuum mobile a miss. :ROFLMAO: ...and anyways I'm more of a motus tardus kind of musician. :D I recently added Handel's harpsichord Gavotte HWV491 (sometimes called Rigaudon) to my repertoire and if I can stay awake long enough to play it through, I might just record it too...

Here's a lovely guitar rendition of the very simple, calming piece (that's excellent on free bass accordion).

Last edited:
Any thoughts?
Yup... in the end, what does it really matter? He is the one hurting himself if he is posting a vid that is an example of something that he cannot do in real life.
Do I know how to do it? Yes, in fact it is easy, and I could even do it in a way that you would not even be able to detect it.
Would I do it with my music? No, it serves no beneficial purpose to me.

If you feel the need to speed up your music go for it (really, who cares?), but that just speaks volumes about your personal values and skills. ;)

In this case, I'd kinda more lean towards the "no" than "yes", just a personal opinion.

Yup... in the end, what does it really matter? He is the one hurting himself if he is posting a vid that is an example of something that he cannot do in real life.
Do I know how to do it? Yes, in fact it is easy, and I could even do it in a way that you would not even be able to detect it.
Would I do it with my music? No, it serves no beneficial purpose to me.

If you feel the need to speed up your music go for it (really, who cares?), but that just speaks volumes about your personal values and skills. ;)

In this case, I'd kinda more lean towards the "no" than "yes", just a personal opinion.
Yes it is an uncomfortable subject and many will not address it because of its nature.
But it would be a disservice to everyone not talking about it.

Discussing uncomfortable topics is essential for growth and understanding, despite the discomfort. Avoiding them can hinder personal development and impede positive change. Embracing open conversations fosters awareness and strengthens relationships, contributing to a healthier society

Lying and faking erode trust, damage personal integrity, disrupt social cohesion, hinder personal well-being, lead to long-term consequences, and often conflict with ethical principles.

Back