• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Still performing at Edelweiss Biergarten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
The audience has been steady, only perform on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...enjoying the FR4x and the new Yamaha dbr12 speakers. Seems to provide a larger coverage then the the QSC k12? Wear a mask when close to customers, as we are still in wear masks for employees in Restaurant. The bars with no food service are still closed. Grateful to perform...

Attachments

• D9E3BEEA-BF13-451F-9A2A-1304B6E08EAE.jpeg
    D9E3BEEA-BF13-451F-9A2A-1304B6E08EAE.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 7
Good to see you are getting out there and that there are customers willing to congregate in groups. Must be a great relief to feel things are getting a bit back to normal. Let’s hope we are not going backwards.

I am hoping things will improve Too, as I see local businesses are hurting, especially small business restaurant...yes, I may be at risk performing, but using precautions as best I can. And as a singing too, we expel droplets more. So having a mask on may be necessary. I just order these masks for singers...Let you know how it works out...

Good luck, I'm jealous. Glad to hear you can still play. I haven't made any inquiries about playing in my new location and probably won't for awhile.... It's hard to keep excited and practicing when I can't play anywhere. ..

Good luck, I'm jealous. Glad to hear you can still play. I haven't made any inquiries about playing in my new location and probably won't for awhile.... It's hard to keep excited and practicing when I can't play anywhere. ..
You are in Wisconsin...any of the popular polka players in area performing...State fair?

I recently moved to a tourist area on Lake Michigan and haven't met any other players here yet. I haven't been going to restaurants or bars but haven't seen any accordionists advertised. Most festivals have been canceled in the area. I'll be interested to see if there are any polka bands around Oktoberfest. Unfortunately the state fair was canceled too. I might need to start a local accordion club like we did in my last city.

I recently moved to a tourist area on Lake Michigan and haven't met any other players here yet. I haven't been going to restaurants or bars but haven't seen any accordionists advertised. Most festivals have been canceled in the area. I'll be interested to see if there are any polka bands around Oktoberfest. Unfortunately the state fair was canceled too. I might need to start a local accordion club like we did in my last city.
We cancelled Oktoberfest. We will still have it with just me performing, but can’t advertise it as a festival because the restaurant has a limit on customers. So just a normal weekend...at that time... But that could change. Wonder how bands like Steve Meisner is doing? And similar polka bands?

Hope it goes really well for you, Larry. I can't say, as I don't know Steve Meisner and don't get to the Milwaukee area that much. But checking his, and one of the local bands where I used to live calendars, everything is cancelled for August and most of September. Hopefully things will start to open up and/or they will find outside venues soon...

Hope it goes really well for you, Larry. I can't say, as I don't know Steve Meisner and don't get to the Milwaukee area that much. But checking his, and one of the local bands where I used to live calendars, everything is cancelled for August and most of September. Hopefully things will start to open up and/or they will find outside venues soon...

These are full time musicians too...think they can get unemployment plus the additional, if self employed during pandemic? I am hopeful to get things started again by 2021...the Edelweiss is very good at keeping tables apart...plus I wear mask in stage...ordered a special mask because I sing...
I do not think it will go back to normal...many retired accordion players depended on Nursing home events. Those gigs are gone...

I think you are very lucky to have that gig. I don't really know anything about the unemployment situation, but it's got yo ne tough for all musicians who rely on local gigs.

I think there are a few running restaurant gigs in the cities around here (Milwaukee, Twin Cities, maybe Madison) but the players are mostly playing gigs at various venues when they can. Although I've done a few, I'm pretty much a hobbyist and retired so I don't need the income. The nursing home gigs are still on here, and I was doing one a month with my friend when covid hit, but it's not enough to make any kind of living. I was mainly volunteering at an Alzheimer's group, senior centers, etc. where I know the organizers and the participants. Covid pretty much ended that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back