• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Spooky Music George!!!

Walker

🪗
Reaction score
Way to go @Georgebazaes! You've really got a handle on that scary Handel Sarabande. It's macabre music on a grand scale... and Scandalli really do make the most neo-Gothic of accordion designs too. I also love that very distinctive and melodious tone.

George Bazaes:

Compared to your cathedral-grade accordion, my Scandalli converter is more of a chamber accordion, though it shares a similar design aesthetic.
Here's my slightly more compact and slightly less spooky Scandalli converter in still-life scene curated by my young family. accordionpicture.jpg

By the way George, if you get the chance you could also try Massenet's Elegie, it's definitely got some of the Victorian Gothic vibe evoking images of creaking staircases, wispy spiderwebs and ghostly sounds... I play it too, though I was particularly enchanted (and a little disconcerted) by this recording of Rosa Ponselle nearly a century ago, in 1926.

Good work George!

Last edited:
I spy the Kitchen 2 Step and a little Mollie Hunter. You sure the kids curated this?😉😉

I spy the Kitchen 2 Step and a little Mollie Hunter. You sure the kids curated this?😉😉
I spy the sabre tip lurking behind the accordion....You let the kids play with knives .....😉😉

I spy the sabre tip lurking behind the accordion....You let the kids play with knives .....😉😉
Hey buddy, this photo was our Clan Walker version of an "Old Irish Dresser". Basically it's a cluttered photo with lots of random objects. What you have spotted there is a little bronze leaf with it's own resident snail. Apparently it's a holder for burning scented sticks, and it's sat upon an Indian Harmonium I bought several years ago when I was in Sylhet, Bangladesh. Actually, when the shopkeeper pulled the harmonium down from the shelf, an enormous Sylheti cockroach tumbled off it and onto the floor, before the shopkeeper promptly gave it a kick and the dazed insect shot out the door like a hockey puck. That's when I said... "that's the instrument for me"! :D

Way to go @Georgebazaes! You've really got a handle on that scary Handel Sarabande. It's macabre music on a grand scale... and Scandalli really do make the most neo-Gothic of accordion designs too. I also love that very distinctive and melodious tone.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Back