• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Some classical music here

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonasAcco

Hello, this is me playing arrangement of Antonio Bazzinis Goblins dance for violin and piano. Hope you enjoy.

<YOUTUBE id=3Z32OgKBLEU url=></YOUTUBE>

Absolutely Faultless !!
:tup:

Amazing! Great performance :)

Yes, well, everyone knows an accordion isn't a proper musical instrument and should not be allowed in Schools of Music.

Very nice performance. Excellent demonstration of why PA requires big hands! Not faultless but the jumps and very wide chords are just so difficult! While I cannot yet play at this level (perhaps never will) I am glad I made the switch to CBA. With my hands this piece would be impossible on PA.

Not sure if dunlustin serious or sarcastic but anyway, accordion is very "proper" instrument and sky is the limit for it as long as you know how to control sound and instrument itself. Reason why people see it as lower tier instrument is because so many self taught "musicians" play it for wide audiences.

I`m sorry - humour is such a delicate area, I should have known better.
Neither serious nor sarcastic just totally passionate about free reed instruments for more than 50 years - and in awe of your playing.
It is also good to see a new generation devoting serious time and energy to an instrument often undervalued and to music sometimes seen as a bit of a backwater.

JonasAcco post_id=51076 time=1507230141 user_id=2551 said:
Not sure if dunlustin serious or sarcastic [...] Reason why people see it as lower tier instrument is because so many self taught musicians play it for wide audiences.

For the record, I picked up on dunlustins sarcasm right away. :lol:

Anyway, I would argue that any perception of accordion as a lower tier instrument probably has more to do with its humble, folk origins than anything else. In the States, especially, it was seen originally as an instrument of the poorer classes, immigrants, etc., for them to play polkas and such on. Maybe its a lot different across the pond, but around here the instrument simply isnt widely seen as something that anyone plays classical music on, whether performed well or poorly.

Although that brings up another conversation about why traditional/folk music is often seen as somehow less legitimate than formal/classical music. I see this with other instruments too (such as ukulele)... theres a strong compulsion by some to prove that it can play classical music, as if thats whats required for any instrument to be considered a real (upper tier) instrument. (Which is hogwash, IMNSHO.)

That's beautiful, Jonas - if I close my eyes I can see the goblins dancing!

The thread's been around a while but this was not just technical but very musical and exciting.

Wouldn't matter how big my hands were, or how many hands I actually had. I couldn't even hold the box properly to play it like that.

Not really my bag, probably because I could only remember about 4 or 5 of the notes you played!

Excellent stuff!

JonasAcco post_id=51058 time=1507199962 user_id=2551 said:
Hello, this is me playing arrangement of Antonio Bazzinis Goblins dance for violin and piano. Hope you enjoy.

<YOUTUBE id=3Z32OgKBLEU url=></YOUTUBE>

Bravo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back