• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Sheet music sources in Austria or Slovenia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am planning a drive to Slovenia from my wife's home in Czech Republic this summer and we will be stopping in Salzburg to see the sights. I enjoy collecting sheet music and I wonder if anyone knows of any shops in Austria, Slovenia, or Northern Italy (Venice) where I might find some accordion music? I am especially interested in local publications that I can't easily get through the mail here in the USA. I also enjoy finding out of print sheets, so used book shops with sheet music would be great, too. I am happy to say I will be traveling with an accordion again, so that I can play in a beautiful Alpine setting!

Best thing to do is to google local music shops and/or local music teachers and ask them in advance. Looking for accordion music nowadays is a lot like looking for needles in a haystack.

Oh, and if you are playing in a beautiful location... make sure that someone is taking a video of you playing to share, that sounds almost magical!

Check out this website for Austrian folk sheet music, early tunes and texts:
https://www.volksmusik.cc/lieder/flugblaetter.htm

or this one, eg type some keywords like harmonika (then click on Volltext and youll get the digitized sheet music and text/images):
http://gso.gbv.de/DB=1.60/SET=4/TTL=2/SHW?FRST=5

Germany and Austria have online sheet music shops with lots of good value for money sheet music books.

Second hand sheet music books for sale here:
https://www.gebrauchtnotenboerse.de...nstrumente.208/hauptgruppe/akkordeon.258.html
(See: Tasteninstrumente, Akkordeon )

I don't know of any shops with prints in that area but have a nice trip!

Maybe you could go a little further to the Chiemsee (D), beautiful in itself, where the Rumberger shop is near. They might have some interesting stuff to put your hands on. I was looking at their mic.system recently which I never got to hear in person unfortunately

Thank you all. I will do my best hunting and see if I can come up with anything. Stephen, thanks for those links. I especially like the song leaflet site. I have several Czech versions of leaflets, and that gives me a lot more to look through.

JerryPH said:
AccordionTop126 said:
I have several Czech versions of leaflets, and that gives me a lot more to look through.

Could you share those sites?

Thank-you!
They are actually hard copy leaflets in my collection, but I have a Czech language site I will share when I get back to my home computer (at military training for the weekend).

AccordionTop126 pid=65085 dateline=1556764730 said:
I am planning a drive to Slovenia from my wifes home in Czech Republic this summer and we will be stopping in Salzburg to see the sights. I enjoy collecting sheet music and I wonder if anyone knows of any shops in Austria, Slovenia, or Northern Italy (Venice) where I might find some accordion music? I am especially interested in local publications that I cant easily get through the mail here in the USA. I also enjoy finding out of print sheets, so used book shops with sheet music would be great, too. I am happy to say I will be traveling with an accordion again, so that I can play in a beautiful Alpine setting!

Well theres Doblinger, but thats in Vienna. Sounds like that wont be on your way.

AccordionTop126 said:
They are actually hard copy leaflets in my collection, but I have a Czech language site I will share when I get back to my home computer (at military training for the weekend).

Thank-you!  I am always looking for Czech music... it is near impossible to find any place here in Canada.  :)

JerryPH pid=65138 dateline=1557173300 said:
AccordionTop126 pid=65117 dateline=1557019074 said:

Thank-you!  I am always looking for Czech music... it is near impossible to find any place here in Canada.  :)

Here is a link to a good site with original scans of Czech songs: http://noty-k-tanci.blogspot.com/se...-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00+01:00&max-results=24
There are some Czech pamphlets there, as well. Enjoy!

Thank-you very much!!

Edit: I just took a better look at this link and wow, what a treasure trove of the older Czech music!

It is amazing that someone would place such a lovely collection online... Díky za to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back