• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sheet music sources in Austria or Slovenia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am planning a drive to Slovenia from my wife's home in Czech Republic this summer and we will be stopping in Salzburg to see the sights. I enjoy collecting sheet music and I wonder if anyone knows of any shops in Austria, Slovenia, or Northern Italy (Venice) where I might find some accordion music? I am especially interested in local publications that I can't easily get through the mail here in the USA. I also enjoy finding out of print sheets, so used book shops with sheet music would be great, too. I am happy to say I will be traveling with an accordion again, so that I can play in a beautiful Alpine setting!

Best thing to do is to google local music shops and/or local music teachers and ask them in advance. Looking for accordion music nowadays is a lot like looking for needles in a haystack.

Oh, and if you are playing in a beautiful location... make sure that someone is taking a video of you playing to share, that sounds almost magical!

Check out this website for Austrian folk sheet music, early tunes and texts:
https://www.volksmusik.cc/lieder/flugblaetter.htm

or this one, eg type some keywords like harmonika (then click on Volltext and youll get the digitized sheet music and text/images):
http://gso.gbv.de/DB=1.60/SET=4/TTL=2/SHW?FRST=5

Germany and Austria have online sheet music shops with lots of good value for money sheet music books.

Second hand sheet music books for sale here:
https://www.gebrauchtnotenboerse.de...nstrumente.208/hauptgruppe/akkordeon.258.html
(See: Tasteninstrumente, Akkordeon )

I don't know of any shops with prints in that area but have a nice trip!

Maybe you could go a little further to the Chiemsee (D), beautiful in itself, where the Rumberger shop is near. They might have some interesting stuff to put your hands on. I was looking at their mic.system recently which I never got to hear in person unfortunately

Thank you all. I will do my best hunting and see if I can come up with anything. Stephen, thanks for those links. I especially like the song leaflet site. I have several Czech versions of leaflets, and that gives me a lot more to look through.

JerryPH said:
AccordionTop126 said:
I have several Czech versions of leaflets, and that gives me a lot more to look through.

Could you share those sites?

Thank-you!
They are actually hard copy leaflets in my collection, but I have a Czech language site I will share when I get back to my home computer (at military training for the weekend).

AccordionTop126 pid=65085 dateline=1556764730 said:
I am planning a drive to Slovenia from my wifes home in Czech Republic this summer and we will be stopping in Salzburg to see the sights. I enjoy collecting sheet music and I wonder if anyone knows of any shops in Austria, Slovenia, or Northern Italy (Venice) where I might find some accordion music? I am especially interested in local publications that I cant easily get through the mail here in the USA. I also enjoy finding out of print sheets, so used book shops with sheet music would be great, too. I am happy to say I will be traveling with an accordion again, so that I can play in a beautiful Alpine setting!

Well theres Doblinger, but thats in Vienna. Sounds like that wont be on your way.

AccordionTop126 said:
They are actually hard copy leaflets in my collection, but I have a Czech language site I will share when I get back to my home computer (at military training for the weekend).

Thank-you!  I am always looking for Czech music... it is near impossible to find any place here in Canada.  :)

JerryPH pid=65138 dateline=1557173300 said:
AccordionTop126 pid=65117 dateline=1557019074 said:

Thank-you!  I am always looking for Czech music... it is near impossible to find any place here in Canada.  :)

Here is a link to a good site with original scans of Czech songs: http://noty-k-tanci.blogspot.com/se...-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00+01:00&max-results=24
There are some Czech pamphlets there, as well. Enjoy!

Thank-you very much!!

Edit: I just took a better look at this link and wow, what a treasure trove of the older Czech music!

It is amazing that someone would place such a lovely collection online... Díky za to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back