• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Russian accordion

Does the video title not refer to the player rather than the accordion?
I've got a car made in Germany and a cooker made in Turkey but I'm neither German or Turkish.
Right, so your car is not a Scottish car and your cooker is not a Scottish cooker, just like the accordions in the video are not Russian accordions.

we cannot even be sure anymore that a Kilt is Scottish

though as Dingo will note, the little tag on the Kilt that says
"made in Scotland" was itself (possibly) made in Scotland

is nothing sacred anymore ?

is nothing sacred anymore ?
"Sacred" I don't know, but there is still one thing that is very certain and constant: (most larger) companies always choose what they make, how they make it, how they advertise it and how much they sell it for in a way that maximises their total profit.

I suspect all Russian accordionists are scared these days.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are minor differences between Ukranian and Russian music but to my western ear they sound very similar. They both have great energy and distinction to the extent that there's no doubt which part of the world it comes from and all certainly streets ahead of much of what passes for music around here.

Back