• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland Fr-3x pedal sustain

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flybo

New to Roland FR-3x.

When connected to a MIDI-based sound controller, I can merge a foot pedal into the MIDI stream so when I'm doing a virtual piano I can have sustain.

But how can I have sustain standalone, such as when not in home studio? So far I'm coming up with "You can't", which is uncool.

Any tips, please?

Have you looked in the Roland manual whether it supports the sustain message?

Well, I would, but just at the moment it's 10 hours away by car, not to go into non-useful back-story.

I was hoping to tap the vast, deep well of knowledge and practical experience of those in the Digital & Midi Accordions sub-forum within the Accordionists Forum set. Sorta seemed like the ONE place in all the world that might, you know, KNOW, even off the top of their heads. :|

Looks like sustain pedal is not supported. Here's the controllers page from the 3x manual.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 1,045
OK. Thanks for posting this information. i very much appreciate it. Not what I was hoping for, but there it is.

When I saw your post. I was hoping you had the fix.

After trying myself I gave up and have to use a separate sound mod. to midi in to. It was best anyway. Going back and forth with the USB card while programming was a pain. Now saving for a wireless midi system. Stepping on your cord can be bad! Embarrassing to!

I'd be interested in your feedback on the wireless midi interface when you get it.

I've already decided on the midi jet pro system. From what I have found out it's about the best for the buck with good feed back on line and the few I've talked to that have used it. Will have to wait for a few more gigs.

If it is the control change 64 (hold 1) then on the fr8x it exists but indeed on the 3x is says it doesn't from the chart above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back