• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Removing treble keys on a Serenelli accordion

there were 3 sizes of 41 key 120 bass accordions during the golden age of accordion schools

approx 15"keyboard was the smallest, somewhat hard to find today

approx 17 1/2" referred to as "Ladies" size or Stroller size,
rarely found with LMMH most common as LMH or LMM

and full size approx 19" with all the naturals next to each other
on the same reedblocks pretty much

there were 3 sizes of 41 key 120 bass accordions during the golden age of accordion schools

approx 15"keyboard was the smallest, somewhat hard to find today

approx 17 1/2" referred to as "Ladies" size or Stroller size,
rarely found with LMMH most common as LMH or LMM

and full size approx 19" with all the naturals next to each other
on the same reedblocks pretty much
And there are more sizes... The Hohner Morino M series for instance uses keys that are a bit wider than the normal Italian "full size" (like the Morino N and S series). And then modern convertor accordions with 45 or 47 notes have just slightly narrower keys (about one key width narrower over the whole length of the keyboard... But in the end you can get used to any width.

VanDeimenian??

Your bio sez the land of the long white cloud! ;)

Ah yep, you got me! I'm over in Aoteroa NZ at the mo finishing up a music therapy degree - hoping to get the accordion into nursing homes etc. like Ventura. I'm trying to work out what this accordion plays - it seems to prefer latin music at the moment.

Ah yep, you got me! I'm over in Aoteroa NZ at the mo finishing up a music therapy degree - hoping to get the accordion into nursing homes etc. like Ventura. I'm trying to work out what this accordion plays - it seems to prefer latin music at the moment.
Now that really is a field of study which is well worthwhile!
But you had to go to NZ to access instruction?
Shades of the evil "Arts students must pay greater fees than STEM" philosphy of the Scummo government.
The value of art and music therapies and animal companionship is slowly becoming recognised, even though it has been staring us all in the face for almost ever amongst those of us with a capacity for observation and analysis.

I understand this handsome, compact, full-specified (41/120) accordion has a 17.5" keyboard, weighs 8.5Kgs/18.7lbs and has 3 voices.
It looks like a good restoration project.

Back