• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Reputable online dealer recommendation? (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cautionary word of advice, as I had a very similar box, but id say in general to any beginner. Is to learn how to get comfortable with the thing. There are many dos and donts about correct posture, which is worth reading up on but personally I really believe it comes down to the size and shape of each individual and accordion. Basicly, dont strain yourself! There are general guidelines, but its important to listen to your body about what is right and wrong, Im guessing Les may have given you a few pointers about that ;)
Its taken me a long time of experimenting and watching videos of different sized players and boxes, to find the posture that best suits my build and allows me freedom to play comfortably without breaking my back. So pay attention to any aches and twinges and tension, keep them fingers loose and be prepared for endless adjusting of straps until you get it just right.
I by no means wish to discourage though (which seems unlikely anyway! :D ) But I once heard someone describe it as Like wrestling an alligator which can be a daunting aspect when moving to a bigger box, and you can do yourself an injury if youre not careful, so listen to your body and find what works for you, and dont force it if it feels uncomfortable.
Best of luck! And its probably already been mentioned but here is another very useful resource for videos and lessons etc http://www.linkonardo.com/en/accordion/
Enjoy! :tup:

Thank you everyone for your kind, encouraging messages and advice, which I can assure you will be heeded!

I can't wait for it to arrive :D

I hope you won't mind me asking a great many questions during my voyage into the world of the stomach Steinway :) :)

I've been exploring this site, top quality posts all round, and very friendly! Wonderful forum :)

We try..
And we DO like a psychophantic, er, appreciative poster.. :)

While you waiting wet you appetite on this... http://duaneschnur.com/accordion/lessons.htm

The early ones maybe basic for you & his sound levels needed work, but after the first few its ok. Find your standard from the 90 or so lessons & accompanying sound clips. Not a substitute for a face-to-face teacher but about as good as it gets IMHO otherwise & fun nevertheless in the interim..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back