• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Putting Cloth Under Accordion While Playing

murathan

Was a Bassoonist
Reaction score
I saw accordion dont stay steady if I dont put a (fiber) cleaning cloth between accordion and my knee. As I know, accordionists put soft leather instead before. Some accordions have hard thick leather covers installed at the backside. I didnt see anyone using my technique around. Do you use that?
cloth.png

Last edited:
The cloth on the left knee protects the trousers from wear due to the friction of the moving bellows and bass side.
Afaik that's the only function. The accordion should be held firmly in position by the shoulder straps, and more straight up than in the picture. It should be (almost) completely vertical so the corner isn't pressing into your leg but the entire underside rests on your leg. (Doesn't always work for me because it depends on the height of the chair I'm sitting on.)

The cloth on the left knee protects the trousers from wear due to the friction of the moving bellows and bass side.
Afaik that's the only function. The accordion should be held firmly in position by the shoulder straps, and more straight up than in the picture. It should be (almost) completely vertical so the corner isn't pressing into your leg but the entire underside rests on your leg. (Doesn't always work for me because it depends on the height of the chair I'm sitting on.)
That was not my original chair either :whistle:

Back