• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Please help me identifying this vintage accordion

Welcome Sasa🙂,
No idea: why are you asking?
Is there any other signage printed on the back?đŸ€”
Are there any knobs or levers along the back of the keyboard?
It could be from the 1930s or 40s, probably has 2 or 3 voices and has rather rusty bellows corners and a missing bass button.
Unless you're related to an accordion technician living nearby, it would be a rather risky buy !đŸ€”

Last edited:
Here's another.
This listing claims it's made by Hohner!🙂
( That would explain the rusty bellows corners!😀)

There’s a contemporary Hohner “Amica” model, but I have not heard of “Amico” before. And I have never seen a Hohner that didn’t have the word “Hohner” prominently displayed on it, so I would doubt that this one is really a Hohner

I m not an expert. Long keys and thin black keys. Looks like old. 1930's 1940's style. Maybe older. No switches. My value estimate is low.

It's a rather pretty instrument from the 1930s-40s. Unfortunately looks can be deceiving, and it ultimately isn't likely to be a great instrument. It will have been built in a factory probably in Klingenthal, Saxony, but maybe somewhere else (definitely either in Eastern Germany or somewhere in Eastern Europe). You can tell it's a Klingenthal-esque box because from the general design. Looking up 'Saxony Accordion' on Google Images will yield similar results. Mostly, these accordions were cheaply mass produced and the low-grade materials used haven't aged well. They tend to have very little value if damaged, and slightly more if working.
Not all of them are as terrible as I'm making out, though! Some were fitted with really rather nice reeds made by Dix (You can tell if reeds are Dix because they have a circle stamped into the reedplate) and the reeds are worth something even if the accordion isn't. However, nice reeds often come in a nice accordion, so if it does have Dix reeds then it's likely that the rest of the instrument is a bit better than usual. Also, the Klingenthal factories also built rather decent large instruments, often with multiple palm couplers and four sets of reeds, and these seem to be really rather good, at least by pre-WWII standards.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, you have a pretty low value but probably useable instrument. If the bellows aren't too leaky and the keys/buttons all play and don't stick, then it could make quite a decent instrument to learn on/mess about with. And if you damage it then it's not going to be like you've damaged a valuable or rare instrument. Even a mediocre accordion is better than no accordion at all!

Hi there,
this is amico Solo, a german accordion made in Germany between 1950 1970, probably at Klingenthal, where they made many musicals instruments, I have one, with 5 row buttons, 2 voices, 80 bass. Not really a good machine, low price to concurence others country productions...
Wish this help.
alain, accordion repairman

Rust on the bellows corners is a red flag. It was exposed to some degree of dampness and you can pretty much expect to see some rust on the reeds too.

Back