• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Pigini "Ellegaard" freebass

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccordionUprising

Reaction score
If anybody lives near Scotland Accordions, I'd love to switch places with them for a few hours to try out this unusual Pigini "Ellegaard" freebass. Does the forum let us do that yet? ?

I want a bass side that extends into the contra-bass range of a stradella box. Often they don't go as low as I want – seemingly intended more for closer counterpoint, rather than deep bass accompaniment?

Also hoping the left side mirrors the right, with the bass notes on top.

Interesting box. It looks small, but there's no measurements. It might sound bigger than it looks, but again, wish I could try it out.

IMGP3104-800x600.JPG

I don't have the specifications of this one, but such a very small free bass accordion is unlikely to have deep bass. Very small accordions do not have room inside to fit the large reeds needed for "contra-bass" notes. It looks like the treble side might go from G3 up to E6. The left-hand side may be about one octave lower if you're lucky, making it between 1 and 2 octaves higher still than what you expect on a large convertor instrument. This accordion is also likely just 1 voice on treble and also 1 voice on the bass side.
Of course Scotlandaccordions should be able to tell you exactly that the range is and which voices it has.

... and that price! 999 Euros seems a lot for a student model. With only 26 notes on the left hand, that's a bit of a limitation, even my little Hohner student free bass accordion has 36 notes on the left hand.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 1.58.44 PM.png

Paul is right that you are not going to get a tremulously low note, but generally speaking, it will be 1 full octave lower than the right hand.

I'm quite interested in the harmonéon design with larger free bass left hand buttons. But haven't seen anything about the left hand range.

I'm not sure why a lower range wouldn't be desirable for at least some people. If they offer lower notes on stradella counter-bass, it seems like that range would be possible?

I still haven't been able to get a response from Bonifassi on this one:
ra151-scaled-600x400.jpg

Gosh, that's beautiful:
bugari-grossknopf-freebass_1~3.jpg
I will write them to ask the range on the left side. Two reeds seems interesting. Will they be ML or what?

I'd also like to know how much it weighs. And if the Left hand C system plays bottom to top or top to bottom.

That is a rare accordion: a free-bass only model (no converter) that's not just a beginner's instrument. I have only seen the harmonéon ones like that I think.

Great find lordzedd!

Bugari
Freebass Bigbutton

Used instrument. Including bag and straps.
Freebass instrument.

Price: 3.199,00 €
including VAT. , no shipping costs

Technical specifications

Treble / right hand side

39 tones, 66 buttons, 5 rows, C-System
7 registers
3-reeds (16+8+4)

Melody-bass, MIII
43 tones, 71 buttons, 5 rows, C-System
3 registers
2-reed / chorus (16+8)

Color: Black
Dimensions: (height - width - depth) 41 x 41 x 20,5 cm

Looking again, it says in the listing that the reeds are:

Treble / right hand side
3-reeds (16+8+4)

Melody-bass, MIII
2-reed / chorus (16+8)

So, LMH / LM?

Are L bass-reeds normally used on stradella bass the same as the ones on the right side? ie. Is that as low as the left hand can go? On a bayan for instance it seems like the left hand goes way lower than the range of the right. But this instrument says "16" on both sides.

No experience with any of them, but I love looking for accordions. Doing more of it now while I've got some tendonitis keeping me from playing. Always happy to recognize something that might work for a forum member's needs.

Might anyone be able to help me contact this seller?

Accordéon (harmonéon) Maugein:
https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/2109573804.htm

I tried to log into the Leboncoin website but it requires a phone number in only a few countries?

Anyone with an account, or one of these phone numbers willing to contact the buyer and pass on my email? I'm quite interested in the instrument, and happy to pay their price and shipping if they can pack it well.

DM me and I'll give you an email to pass to them if that works.

Thanks so much! ❤️‍? ?

Bruce Triggs
Vancouver, BC Canada

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 21.22.06.jpg

The latest update on my quest is that I'm in the process of buying the harmonéon that lordzedd found, from the owner that godgi helped me contact! Finalizing details, and they're preparing to ship. It's a Maugein model, being sold by a person who played as a child and lives about 40 km from the Maugein factory. So it will be traveling a long way from home!

I should have better photos in a bit. Wish it a bon voyage. 🪗 📦 ✈️ 😁

Attachments

• Harmonéon, Maugein accordion 4 me?.jpg
    Harmonéon, Maugein accordion 4 me?.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 25
The latest update on my quest is that I'm in the process of buying the harmonéon that lordzedd found, from the owner that godgi helped me contact! Finalizing details, and they're preparing to ship. It's a Maugein model, being sold by a person who played as a child and lives about 40 km from the Maugein factory. So it will be traveling a long way from home!

I should have better photos in a bit. Wish it a bon voyage. 🪗 📦 ✈️ 😁
Can I caution you that there are scams on leboncoin just as on other sites ,as I have personal experience.
I tried to buy a Roland fr4x last year and on two separate occasions the sellers were trying to scam people into sending the money first.
Luckily I had paid via leboncoins own payment protection scheme so I got my money back , but there were comments on other accordion forums in France so obviously others had been taken in.
I'm not suggesting for one moment that this seller isn't genuine but you can be very vulnerable when you are unable to deal in person.
The Maugein factory is in Tulle where they have a" Nuits de Nacre" festival each year lasting about a week purely for accordions.
There is a river running through the centre of the town where accordeonistes play in the evenings while gliding up and down the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back