• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Petosa Americana

So, re not caring for the LMM configuration was it something about the Americana specifically, or just that you'd ideally rather have more voices/registers?

So, re not caring for the LMM configuration was it something about the Americana specifically, or just that you'd ideally rather have more voices/registers?
I think I've got to live with this box for awhile longer to be able to pinpoint it, but certainly more voices/registers would help.

You wrote that your accordion is tuned dry. The model you purchased, as well as the accordion in the video you linked, is tuned +12.
Did you request to have your accordion tuned dry?

some full service importers will order some boxes with
a zero (0) offset because you then need less inventory
to fulfill more custom orders

it being relatively easy to tune the musette "up" from zero
as opposed to the time (and skill) required to go from +12
down to +10 or +8

You wrote that your accordion is tuned dry. The model you purchased, as well as the accordion in the video you linked, is tuned +12.
Did you request to have your accordion tuned dry?

There was no choice about tuning, as the instrument was already in inventory, "as is." And, frankly, I didn't think to ask.

Personally I love that +12 tuning, and have been eyeing the Americana two-voice MM 30-keys, which also have the +12. Irish and some world roots genres work great on a 26, but for others a 30 is muchly preferable. The only 30-key MM I know of is the Weltmeister Rubin with the skinny keys. It has its charm, but the "Italian sound" is undeniably nice. Whatever those TAM reeds are in these, the demos sound good, at least for the use-case I'd have in mind.

The product blurb for the LMM Americanas specifies Antonelli "Rifinatura" tipo a mano, whatever that is supposed to mean. The 30-key MM models just say TAM.

Back