• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

OS version for the Roland fr3 xb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstrel

Reaction score
Hi all

New member of this forum so I hope you won't mind me jumping in with a question that has been niggling me for some time now that I have discovered the exciting world of Roland sound extensions etc that I can download from the Roland website.

My question is how do I display the OS version my fr3 xb is currently running so I will know if I need to download the OS update offered on the Roland website?

I'm getting to grips with user sets and user programs with the downloadable offerings and some glitches I'm experiencing might be down to an old OS as well as (probably) down to my challenged mental abilities.

Many thanks <EMOJI seq="263a">☺️</EMOJI>

Download the zip file from Roland website, unzip it and read the pdf file.

Lifted from the pdf file:

How to know the version
Please check the version of the system working on your FR­3x / FR­3xb before downloading the archive file.
1. Press the right hand register [ 2 ] (JAZZ) while power on the V­Accordion.
* Dont perform the update if the product is already up­to­date

The Roland site where the OS upgrade file is downloaded has an instruction set. One of the steps mentions how to see the OS version.

Solved! Many thanks. I see that I'm on build 26 of 1.05 so will download the zip to see if it is a later build.

I don't know if it's my imagination or just blind enthusiasm but the orchestra sounds I've downloaded from the Roland website seem improved in sound quality as well as offering more instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back