• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

New Year Blues.... Maugein 80 Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a lightweight Maugein Export 80 box before christmas...no cassotto, no handmade reeds...in fact bog standard duralium...but for me still plays smooth and responsively.....real happy with it...2 clarinet reeds swung tuned....though if id had the chance to choose would have probably gone for the single 16 and 8 reed option
here's to another year of solitary amusement.....

What a great sound out of that accordion, and I enjoyed the imaginative video! I'ts like every song I watch ou play you improve... wish I could manage that... lol

Well played! :) :)

Losthobos,
Great! Thanks for sharing ??
I foresee many pleasant hours to come: just the cure for pandemic blues ?

Do you ever look back at your recordings?
I think it's striking how you have 'settled in' to your music over time.
Nice work!

Thankyou lads.... I am enjoying this box. Mostly because of the low weight...
Jerry... If it sounds like improvement it's usually that I've got hooked on one song at the expense of all the others that have fallen into rapid decline...
Dingo.... The pandemic has given me time for to wrestle with the blues.. Which I'm appreciating for sure....
DunL.... Sure ive my old recordings on the main frame at home.... I really enjoy testing myself with them.... Happy for about 4 days then acutely embarrassed... But its good to retrospect sometimes and hear your past stutters, stumbles and burps.... Encouraging in an odd way... I am starting to feel more at home in my own little world though and that's sure good enough for me....
Thanks to all for listening kindly

Great, soulful rendition. Wish it was longer (y) ☺️.
Terry, I notice you are wearing headphones while you are playing.
Are you listening to a backing track, or is there some other reason?

Are you listening to a backing track, or is there some other reason?
Reason is I'm no longer recording in toy phone but bought mic to record to computer and really pleased with dynamic improvement....
So now to get visual i have to record myself playing along to myself then discard the audio from video track and try and sync the audio best as i can....
I'll do.... Im sure there may be a way to do all together but it's enough work playing the tunes never mind hitting multiple record buttons.... ?

Hmmmm, seems like you should be able to record your video using you good mic...... Or maybe no camera on your computer?

Hmmmm, seems like you should be able to record your video using you good mic...... Or maybe no camera on your computer?
Yep.... No camera on laptop... And recording software is BandLab... Web based so can only do one thing at a time..... Easy enough and good exercise in timing trying to play same shizz twice... (or 47x ?)

Or 147....?

I do have a Maugein Export too. I swapped it for a Hohner Student IV a few years ago! The person knew the two boxes were not at the same level but she badly wanted a small PA for street performance and the Maugein was a family inheritance and was in its case doing nothing. Besides, its owner did not play CBA so it had no interest to her. It actually has nice features for a small box, like reed plates mounted on leather and excellent construction quality. Mine needed a bit of tuning but the nailed reed plates makes that easier than dealing with wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back