• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

New feature on widimaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
In this video Roland Fr1x networking with the Korg Arranger and Airturn bt200s|6 pedal. No iPad needed….directly connects all Bluetooth LE products, no matter what brand…

Great video. I don't own the Korg arranger, I own Bk7m and the Fr8x. How could this apply?
I don't know about Larry, but the wireless MIDI concept is 100% important to my all wireless setup.

I plug the MIDI in/out transceivers in to the BK and 8X, and along with my wireless stereo analog transmitters means I am free of wires while recording, gigging or going for a glass of water without needing to take off the accordion because of the wires and they are completely reliable within a 40-50 foot circle in my tests.

It also means that at the same time I can comletely reconfigure my 8X *and* BK7m by simply having them wirelessly attach to the bluetooth of my iPad and change the 8X, the BK or both by simply flipping a page in SongBook Pro on the iPad or pressing a single button on a bluetooth pedal that I have set to turn the pages of songbook. As Larry also shows, a couple more BT pedals can take the place of the 7-button FC-7 pedal if desired for not much more than the cost of the hard to find FC-7 wired pedal.

The new firmware also means that one can group items together, which means one can connect items in to MIDI groups and avoid misconfigurations or clashes. Example... 2 8X's using your BK or 2 different arrangers used with the 8X and no wires in sight... just a couple of ideas. :)

Last edited:
I don't know about Larry, but the wireless MIDI concept is 100% important to my all wireless setup.

I plug the MIDI in/out transceivers in to the BK and 8X, and along with my wireless stereo analog transmitters means I am free of wires while recording, gigging or going for a glass of water without needing to take off the accordion because of the wires and they are completely reliable within a 40-50 foot circle in my tests.

It also means that at the same time I can comletely reconfigure my 8X *and* BK7m by simply having them wirelessly attach to the bluetooth of my iPad and change the 8X, the BK or both by simply flipping a page in SongBook Pro on the iPad or pressing a single button on a bluetooth pedal that I have set to turn the pages of songbook. As Larry also shows, a couple more BT pedals can take the place of the 7-button FC-7 pedal if desired for not much more than the cost of the hard to find FC-7 wired pedal.

The new firmware also means that one can group items together, which means one can connect items in to MIDI groups and avoid misconfigurations or clashes. Example... 2 8X's using your BK or 2 different arrangers used with the 8X and no wires in sight... just a couple of ideas. :)
So could I use my FC-7 pedal to select songs from songbook? I also own an Airturn bt-105 pedal but the FC-7 has more switches. Also with a wired pedal there's less chance that the bluetooth connection is lost.

So could I use my FC-7 pedal to select songs from songbook? I also own an Airturn bt-105 pedal but the FC-7 has more switches. Also with a wired pedal there's less chance that the bluetooth connection is lost.
No, the FC-7 has no way to communicate with the iPad, it is analog. The BT pedal can link to the iPad and BK via BT and with a free software on the iPad can pass back and forth all MIDI signals it hears. The BT-105 is a 2 button pedal, right? Even with the Airturn bt200s (which has 6 buttons), you would be giving up 2 of 8 possible function from this list (start/stop, intro, ending, variations 1 to 4, move to next performance set... your choice). But with the bt-105, I believe that you can set the pedals to be a "move to next page" and "move to next song" which covers the reconfiguring of the 8X and/or BK part. Please bear in mind I use an iRig Blueboard (4 button pedal board) and have no experience with any Airturn product. To be completely wireless I would need to find a pedal that is BT and 8 switches.

For me personally, there are 2 reasons I still use good old straight wired momentary switches to my BK for those features...
1. The pedals are always close to the BK.
2. I've not found an eight switch bluetooth pedal.

Bluetooth pedal are the only way to. I find this works in the group with the bk7m instead of arranger Korg pa1000. But in the midi settings of the bk7m, sysex out and in must be set to off. Otherwise it will disconnect. This is the only work around at this time. It works great! Want a video demo on this?

No, the FC-7 has no way to communicate with the iPad, it is analog. The BT pedal can link to the iPad and BK via BT and with a free software on the iPad can pass back and forth all MIDI signals it hears. The BT-105 is a 2 button pedal, right? Even with the Airturn bt200s (which has 6 buttons), you would be giving up 2 of 8 possible function from this list (start/stop, intro, ending, variations 1 to 4, move to next performance set... your choice). But with the bt-105, I believe that you can set the pedals to be a "move to next page" and "move to next song" which covers the reconfiguring of the 8X and/or BK part. Please bear in mind I use an iRig Blueboard (4 button pedal board) and have no experience with any Airturn product. To be completely wireless I would need to find a pedal that is BT and 8 switches.

For me personally, there are 2 reasons I still use good old straight wired momentary switches to my BK for those features...
1. The pedals are always close to the BK.
2. I've not found an eight switch bluetooth pedal.
With the widi auto group learn with bk7m widimaster, you can group up to 4 devices even an extra Bluetooth Airturn pedals…note: you can not add the iPad in the group learn. Something with Apple. They tend to change addresses frequently for security. My goal in using pedals is to keep iPad iPhone out of the control picture. iPad only used for music reading and selecting performance numbers. Have a long way to go, have the tools just need time to set up demos…by the way Jerry I still use the wired ec5 pedal on gigs. Like you said if it close to unit, why not.
I have only that and the Blueboard for page turning, song selection on SongbookPlus. Have camera kit of iPad plugged in arranger. Only need to pair Blueboard to SongbookPlus control…simple…but reliable…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back