• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

My Ottavianelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool98555

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share a picture of my accordion here. Artist special super jazz LMMM 41/120 13+M+7. Double cassotto, hand made reeds, full body ornamentation with rhinestones on the lip of every treble key, multicolor specks in the celluloid and black pearl bass buttons and treble keys. Had to wait for 5 months for Ottavianelli to build this one from scratch. Absolutely gorgeous sound....Ottavianelli does it right!

Attachments

• My Accordion.jpg
    My Accordion.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 100
very striking + high spec' - they must lie awake dreaming of a custom order like yours.

Nice!! Hope it sounds as good as it looks!!
Awesome that you got to design and build it just how you wanted.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments! This one is really special to me, that's for sure. It was definitely awesome to build it and design it exactly how I wanted it to be. I told Ottavianelli that I wanted full body ornamentation, and I wanted them to put on the accordion what they felt was best for this (based on my other design specs I asked for), and I think they did a phenomenal job. Sometimes I just open the case just to look at it. I mean it even has rhinestones all over the gold lines on the grill....absolutely amazing, and it plays wonderfully!

If you can, let's hear it please?

When I was at the New England Accordion Museum in Canaan CT, I was gifted the opportunity to test, hear and play a LOT of accordions. The first thing that was true to me on the accordions that I played, the nicest looking ones were NOT the ones that sounded the best. Second was that even the better sounding ones didn't have to be the most expensive... and finally... anything over $15,000 US sounded DAMN fine... lol

I'd love to hear this accordion... have any recordings or YouTube videos up?

Very nice Cool! I ordered mine from the other Ovidio on the Piatanesi side of that building in Castelfidardo. I probably love mine just as much even though they are a little more on the "affordable" level of feature set. ☺

"Video unavailable" Man, I miss all the good stuff. Congrats on the new instrument. I had a chance to play a number of Ottavianelli accordions at Liberty Bellows over the years. They have all been fine instruments.

Beautiful, I once made the mistake of purchasing an accordion primarily because it was pretty and it turned out that this was it's best attribute. You're super lucky because it's both pretty and sounds great. You're also a great player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back