• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Musictech Digibeat + XXL MASTER ACCORDION (V3 SOUND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piotr

Reaction score
Hello, I made demo with my new digital accordion Musictech and sound expander XXL MASTER ACCORDION from V3 Sound.[/font]

Thanks Piotr, a very nice demo of this instrument’s capabilities. As ever well performed.

Glenn, Dingo40 - thank you :)

I just downloaded the V3 manual and I’m glad the sounds the module makes are far better than the quality of its instructions.
Could you say something about your setup. Did you record direct or is your sound from a speaker cabinet?
How do sounds and playability compare between the module delivered with the accordion and the V3?

I have  a couple of different sound boards in my V3 Sound Desktop arranger module.  Specialty items, I would say.  V3 sounds has an extensive library of sounds; pipe organ, Wersi, Hammond sounds, Cordovox organs, Oberkrainer, Celtic, and etc.  I also have one of their Triangle module.  I like their accordion samples.

Glenn said:
I just downloaded the V3 manual and I’m glad the sounds the module makes are far better than the quality of its instructions.
Could you say something about your setup. Did you record direct or is your sound from a speaker cabinet?
How do sounds and playability compare between the module delivered with the accordion and the V3?

I recorded sound direct from V3 unit. About Musictech - this is my third digital accordion. In my opinion sounds from V3 are much better then from Musictech or Roland. If you have digital instrument, you need only make  same midi settings and connect this triangle. I tried it with FR4X and it works very good. Sounds from Musictech and Roland are not realistic like from V3. Since I have V3 I don't listen sounds direct from Musictech.

Tenho um Roland fr4x e um módulo V3 de som. gostei da demonstração feita por Piotr no youtube que me influenciou na compra. Gostava de reproduzir da mesma forma. Não sei como programar ou controlar o controle V3, por exemplo, no 1 superior Scandalli Super VI + Bugari (8 + 8), +6, como opções para o Lower e o baixo (é a mesma) ou o curso Bass & Chord Acc. e quais são os valores do Volume, Reverb Chorus e Pan, bem como o Velocity fixe 96 para o Upper, no Bass? e não inferior? desde já agradeço a vossa resposta.

I have a Roland fr4x and a V3 sound module. I liked the demo made by Piotr on youtube that influenced me in the purchase. I liked to reproduce in the same way. I don't know how to program or control the V3 control, for example, in the upper 1 Scandalli Super VI + Bugari (8 + 8), +6, as options for the Lower and the bass (it is the same) or the Bass & Chord Acc course . and what are the values of Volume, Reverb Chorus and Pan, as well as the Velocity set 96 for Upper, in Bass? and not inferior? I thank you in advance for your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hava a friend that asked me to post the following question.

Is there any way that a simple Roland FR-1 can be connected to the V3 unit and program the buttons on the FR-1 to choose specific sounds on the V3?
Is there any way to connect the two via iPAd and have some program to the task that I described above?

He did find a way to put the V3 board into the FR-4 and added some knobs to the Accordion to control the V3.
Thanks,
Simon

I have no knowledge that will allow me to answer these questions, but I can say that when I bought my V3 sound I had the precious help of piotr menbro from this forum.

Last edited:
Piotr, absolutely stunning demo. I’m curious about using a midi module like V3, and whether the bellows effect is lost. I have a Roland 3x and note in the midi section of the manual, the emphasis on velocity sensitivity. When connected to a V3, is the bellows effect on volume lost? Any advice is appreciated.

the Roland Bellows controls "Expression" which is a combination of Volume and Intensity (of tone)

the Keyboard is Velocity Sensitive, and what that means is it controls primarily
the ATTACK, Decay, Sustain and Release of the specific tone, depending on it's
possible parameters, and programming

when you hit a Piano Key it can be gentle sounding or intense depending on your force...
if you hit the key repeatedly you keep getting that attack tonality
if you hit the key then let it go, the sound decays from Audible to Inaudible
based on it's type of sound
if you hit the key and hold it for a second or more it SUSTAINS for awhile
before it begins to decay
if you hit the key and release it, and it is an Organ type of tone,
it sounds then shuts off immediately

Ventura you are a Saint. You gave enough info to make me check the settings and all sorted now. Thank you.

I plan to buy the V3 Accordion Master sound module for use with my Roland FR-8X. Before buying I had some questions and this is some of the info I found out:

I contacted Thomann Music and spoke to a technician in Germany. He was not that familiar with the control interface of the FR-8X but he was sure the FR-8X would work with the V3 sound module using MIDI cables to the MIDI in and MIDI out connectors on the FR-8X and the V3 module. One way to control the V3 would be to use their control apps that can be downloaded to Android or Apple tablets. The technician said that a complete MIDI “sound set” list is in the manual that comes with the V3 Accordion Master that can be used from an external control device.

With communication I had with Piotr, below is more info on the FR-8X interface to the V3:
- Using the Roland editor sounds can be set up for the treble and bass side.
- The V3 is controlled by MIDI commands from the FR-8X
- The volume is controlled by the FR-8X.
- The audio output is from the V3 sound module that is connected to an external amp.
- Below is a link to a V3 manual that is not the accordion manual but has information on the set up of FR-8X MIDI commands to the V3 which would also apply to the accordion module.
https://www.mistermusic-profishop.de/media/pdf/4a/90/13/V3MM_V3SOUND_D_Handbuch_Soundexpander_MMUSICSondermodell.pdf

John M.

I have a V3 sound accordion master XXL module, I bought it in the summer of 2020, at first it was Piotr who gave me a useful help, to make the connection between the module and the Roland FR4X, after some time after the purchase I managed to have the module respond to the accordion, however and after several auditions of Piotr, that if on youtube, I can not remove the sound he recorded.
The V3 module comes from the factory with 50 factory programmed memories (Accordion Master XXL 0805), with (grand Piano 0805) o (Sonority 0805) and (Yammex 0805) all with other programmed sounds other than Accordion.
It remains to make the manual Set Registration configuration.
Of course, it is the taste of each programmer, each Record has 4 senas each sena has play 1 play 2 Lower 1 and 2 Bass 1,2,3 Etc.
in each one we will have to choose what we want example;
in one of the Set, the Priot writes in the video sounds of the Scandalli super VI + Bulgari 8 + 8 cassoto, should it be in the Upper, and in the Lower? and Bass? equal Volume, Transpose, etc.
of Music I can perceive something of programming I have more difficulty.
Everything would be easier if the V3 was programmed with 50 set of accordion with the possibility of the user being able to change it. the same or make your own.

CMFG, I agree with you that it would be better if the modules were supplied with examples of settings already configured. Piotr makes it sound simple, bit it is definitely a journey to learn the settings that are preferred. Trial and error, and lots of patience are your best friends. I'm on the same journey as well, and can't get near the sound Piotr creates.

I was doing a new reading of emails sent to Piotr and Klaus from the company V3 Sound, they were the ones who indicated Roland's programming with the V3,
if you are interested I can send this email to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back