• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

MuseScore question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find you don't need to pay.

The Musescore software is free: https://musescore.org/en
I use this locally (ie. on my home PC) to create scores, play them back, and eventually print them.
It's really good software, with a slightly dodgy accordion voice but you can mix your own:

If you find a score on Musescore.com you could choose to type it in locally rather than pay and then download it.

Maybe musescore.com is not same as musescore.org? Maybe?
Musescore.com is someone trying to make money from Musescore which is an open source group which has committed not to charge for the software. I've been using it for years. Beware of these websites that prey on the gullible.

Musescore.com is someone trying to make money from Musescore which is an open source group which has committed not to charge for the software. I've been using it for years. Beware of these websites that prey on the gullible.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Thanks to all!

Software wise, I use EasyABC and then export PDF for my tunebook, usually 1 tune per page, and also some 2-page tunes, so no need to turn pages while playing.

For this offer, I was interested to know about the scores offered with the subscription, if someone has used this; but I've explored some of their free stuff and yes it looks interesting but then if I buy a 1-year subscription then I probably will spend more time exploring scores than playing my accordion and that's something to avoid also, imho ...

Thanks to all!

Software wise, I use EasyABC and then export PDF for my tunebook, usually 1 tune per page, and also some 2-page tunes, so no need to turn pages while playing.

For this offer, I was interested to know about the scores offered with the subscription, if someone has used this; but I've explored some of their free stuff and yes it looks interesting but then if I buy a 1-year subscription then I probably will spend more time exploring scores than playing my accordion and that's something to avoid also, imho ...
Going to have to check out Easyabc as I just enter it straight in a text editor (Notepad). Seems there was another post on here about someone getting a one time subscription and harvesting everything that looked interesting. Some of us may have consideted that with Arrigo....????

Seems there was another post on here about someone getting a one time subscription and harvesting everything that looked interesting.

Yes, in fact a few years ago (2018-2019) I did have a one-year premium membership at this accordion scores site: https://www.partitions-accordeon.com/ (english site = https://www.accordion-scores.com/) and I did spend hours browsing and downloading sheetmusic (300+ scores) and tunebooks (500+ tunebooks) and: 1. although my browsing was seriously organized and limited to very easy and easy stuff, I never reached the end; 2. still have to finish organizing everything I've downloaded, ... so really I don't need anything more today ...

Reactions: Tom
I like it for being able to get a variety of homegrown transcriptions to share the gist of a tune with others or to switch clefs/transpose to better keys for other non-concert C instruments. There are a lot of poor quality versions and one thing the pro gives you is access to better, sometimes even authorized versions. I still hate entering notes into notation software, but have figured out a way to play it real-time in my DAW with strong quantization and then drag the midi file into MuseScore to get me 90%+ of the way there. Then I can simply add the chord symbols, repeats and have a working chart to use in ForScore

Perhaps I was incorrect regarding musescore.com and spoke out of turn however there are many similar attempts to monetize what is normally free. In my case the issue is not material because I have purchased all that is needed, it's the desire to make everything neat and tidy with an easy to read font.

Yes, in fact a few years ago (2018-2019) I did have a one-year premium membership at this accordion scores site: https://www.partitions-accordeon.com/ (english site = https://www.accordion-scores.com/) and I did spend hours browsing and downloading sheetmusic (300+ scores) and tunebooks (500+ tunebooks) and: 1. although my browsing was seriously organized and limited to very easy and easy stuff, I never reached the end; 2. still have to finish organizing everything I've downloaded, ... so really I don't need anything more today ...
Yes, I just did a 5 day free trial but after about 20 mins I had used the permissible 10 views and only downloaded 3 off and the trial was over! My own fault for not finding out how to download before searching.
I might have a year membership in view of your comment. There appear to be a number of albums/collections on there and even downloading 1 or 2 would make it worth the subscription of 22 Euros. Cheers. I am searching for Koboldspiele by Heinz Gerbach/Heinz Munsonius if anyone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back