• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

MuseScore error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyanka

Prolific poster
Reaction score
The freebie programme MuseScore worked fine for me till The Husband opened a downloaded file in it recently.... now the ABC Import plugin has stopped working; I've tried to reinstall the whole thing, but keep getting the error message 'tag mismatch at line 5 column 7', no matter which ABC file I try to import. Has anyone else had that problem/does anyone know how to fix it?

Ive no idea how to fix MuseScore, but if you dont get anywhere take a look at the MC Music Editor ( http://www.mcmusiceditor.com ).
It produces very elegant scores, plays them with a pleasant flute sound, and includes a point and click editing facility, and will export to just about any format youll ever need.

Its free with an optional donation.

Chris

Another solution is to install the stand alone muse score. Perhaps it's not yet the latest version but it should solve your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a quick search found this:

Looks like from that it may not be anything you did but the service that the ABC plugin is using is down.
I would try again later or use the workaround that this thread talks about:
http://musescore.org/node/17850

that is converting it to XML using some other online tool, then importing the XML to musescore.

HTH
Ben

Thank you all - I'm following up the various suggestions now. Ben, you're right - it's not my programme that is corrupted but the online converter has stopped working. It's helpful to know that!

Wasn't The Husband's fault at all :oops:
I reported the problem on the MuseScore forum - and they FIXED it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back