• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Mundinger accordions

Yes, that's the story. Also, Sonola was purchased by Guerrini in 1971. This was the end of the original Sonola company.
I kind of inherited a Mundinger from my sister, its a nice starter instrument:

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 3.14.46 PM.png

I wonder if the Mundinger's are as good as the equivalent Sonola model? Are they identical, or similar? Is there a Sonola model that matches each Mundinger model?

Their construction was exactly the same as all the models of both went down the same assembly line. Only colors & badges differed.

Last edited:
I don't know about other Mundingers, but this one has a clean sweet sound and tuned A=440.
I have a Mundinger Artist, which is a Sonola SS20 with a Mundinger grille. It's from the early 1960s, has a bone-shaking low-G bass (which I'm told was likely a modification at some point from the traditional low-C) and the most wonderful MM reeds I've ever heard, tuned just a hair apart.

Back