• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Montmartre musette waltz any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

godgi

Reaction score
Came across this nice waltz by accident. Sounds quiet nice and did some research. I cannot find a sheet copy and I am wondering is it ht e waltz composed by Mat Mathews of jazz fame. As there is a waltz on e bay of that name but the music sample appears different.
Godgi

it might be a composition of Emile Waldteufel who composed the Skaters waltz also there appears to be a modern day Emile Waldteufel in entertainment I am not sure if he composed it. Its not on the french accordion particions web site. I could transcribe it as its not too difficult.
Godgi

I have tried to do a little research here...

I believe the piece called Valse de Montmartre or Montmartre Waltz was composed by Carlos Leresche. It appears on the album you have displayed above, which features Waldteufel amongst other composers.

However, it seems the same recording of Valse de Montmartre also surfaces again on the later album Accordissime Volume 1, featuring music by the Carlos Leresche Orchestra. If you are signed up for Spotify then you can listen to this album... What I have listened to is really rather good. There are a lot of very nice pieces by this orchestra.

I hope this will help you track down the written score. Maybe you could ask the composer...

Thanks very much for your help. I'll try and sus it out.
John in dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back