• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

MIDI Implementation Chart | Roland Accordion

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
The Midi Implementation Chart in the Roland Manual is a powerful section if you are controlling the accordion with external hardware. But difficult at first, looking at this page. Thanks to CME, they added The Wired Soft Thru to make this possible. I appreciate the support to have me test this.

Thanks for showing!
You‘re still wearing socks? What kind of e-jewelry are you trying to hide this time?

Jokes aside…

… Thanks to CME, they added The Wired Soft Thru to make this possible….

Are you implying that one HAS TO route all MIDI through the external gear? No way available in the FR4x to internally merge MIDI from the accordion’s keyboard and bellows with external controls?

Last edited:
Thanks for showing!
You‘re still wearing socks? What kind of e-jewelry are you trying to hide this time?

Jokes aside…
Esocks are the next rage😂
Are you implying that one HAS TO route all MIDI through the external gear? No way available in the FR4x to internally merge MIDI from the accordion’s keyboard and bellows with external controls?
Not at all…just a method I use…

Last edited:
This is for when he is implementing things that are NOT possible to do with the 4X alone, things like separate controls over accordion/orchestral sections.

This is how I setup the FR4x, Widibud Pro and Airturn Bt500s-6. Only port one on the Airturn is programmed in this video. You can add the Modulation like I did in port 2 with another pedal. CC1 is the command for modulation. Hope this helps…

This works great with the Fr1x if you need to add expression pedal. Since it has no foot controller option to use for an fc300. Although, as far as I know, the Fr1x does not receive modulation midi CC1. The midi must be controlled through the bottom USB port with a Widi Uhost. The midi port is only midi out, you can’t change it…Just another way for control…

This is for when he is implementing things that are NOT possible to do with the 4X alone, things like separate controls over accordion/orchestral sections.
I first was using the IPad app Cubasis to create the “softthru”. But then the challenge came, using no iPad. After a Zoom chat with CME, they gave us this switch on the Widi products. A game changer. Check your VAccordion manual, under the section “connecting to a DAW”. Essentially, the Widi product is the softthru and the computer icon is the pedal.

This works great with the Fr1x if you need to add expression pedal. Since it has no foot controller option to use for an fc300. Although, as far as I know, the Fr1x does not receive modulation midi CC1. The midi must be controlled through the bottom USB port with a Widi Uhost. The midi port is only midi out, you can’t change it…Just another way for control…
Well, yes. USB MIDI is great until it isn't, namely when you want to connect something other than a computer. A classic MIDI port, while slow, is a lot more handy for connecting multiple devices. And it does so without creating a ground connection, so you can still hook up everything using analog signals to one mixer or amp without creating ground loop hum. Some forms of Ethernet (don't know the current generations) also had floating grounds. USB doesn't.

Back