• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Melodica C system

Status
Not open for further replies.

saundersbp

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a C system melodica? By that I mean something cheap, Chinese and plastic suitable for children of modest income families, rather than an accordina for retired dentists and chartered accountants ;)

Any leads greatly appreciated!

A Hohner student melodica can be had for around 40 quid.

Thanks Glenn, that's the sort of thing, but in C system?

The only thing that came close to a mass produced c system melodica, was the Russian b system plastic melodica, called "bayanita 43"

Маленький цветок. Баянита 43

The only thing that came close to a mass produced c system melodica, was the Russian b system plastic melodica, called "bayanita 43"
And any 3 row chromatic instrument can be easily modified to change from B system to C system (and vice versa).

I'm a Chartered Accountant, are you saying I'll be able to afford an accordina when I retire?
:)
Actually I wouldn't buy one and was making progress with a home built C-system "accordina" but hit problems with the reeds I was trying to use, and have had no time to get back to it.
Maybe when I retire?
:unsure:

There's a 3D printing facebook group for concertinas, surely someone with the necessary skills could produce an accordina plan which could be printed? I guess you'd still need valves / reeds though.

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a C system melodica? By that I mean something cheap, Chinese and plastic suitable for children of modest income families, rather than an accordina for retired dentists and chartered accountants ;)

Any leads greatly appreciated!
Like this?E356B5A9-E5B9-48A1-A403-DAB719849C3C.jpeg

The picture is of a Victoria vibrandoneon. Not only is this not cheap but it's also a 2 voice instrument, it does not sound like a melodica, and it's a discontinued product as far as I know.

There's a 3D printing facebook group for concertinas, surely someone with the necessary skills could produce an accordina plan which could be printed? I guess you'd still need valves / reeds though.

As to reeds Harmonikas in the Czech republic make suitable reeds. I've contacted them in the past about other reeds and they were willing to do small orders.
https://www.harmonikas.cz/en/dix-inox-reeds-for-mouth-key-harmonicas#obsah

Are accordinas double action? If you have blow-only like a melodica that would avoid the need for valves.

(Hi Ben, if you see this I hope you're well.)
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back