• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Magnifying glass for FR8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTechBiniou

Reaction score
Hi, we are not young so our eyes are not that good anymore.
Has anyone of you find the FR8x display blurred even with your glasses?
I do.
So I am looking for a magnifying glass for solution.
Has anyone find the perfect magnifying glass for this?
I have found this one:
regards

It’s worth a try. I have to put my reading glasses on when editing anything serious but take them off to read music. Bit of a pain.

When I get it from eBay, I will try to fit it around the FR8's display like this.
loupe-fr8.jpg

i suggest using trimmed Velcro, as you may need more than one layer
to get the focal range correct
(some magnifying lenses need just a bit of distance)
and you can add layers of velcro as needed to get depth
once you have the edges of the frame velcro glued on
and the base velcro glued on the VAccordion

when Akira came to see what we were doing at the Coupe Mondiale
that year in Virginia, i had a magnifying lens mounted on the
demo Roland FR-7 and it really took him by suprise..

It’s worth a try. I have to put my reading glasses on when editing anything serious but take them off to read music. Bit of a pain.
For decades I've worn "varifocals" constantly. The one pair serves every purpose : from minute print at six inches to the universe at infinity ( including sheet music on the stand while playing).
If you don't have a pair, I recommend them!:)
It would save having to put a magnifier on your accordion.

See here:

:)

Last edited:
Hi, we are not young so our eyes are not that good anymore.
Has anyone of you find the FR8x display blurred even with your glasses?
I do.
So I am looking for a magnifying glass for solution.
Has anyone find the perfect magnifying glass for this?
I have found this one:
regards
Hi, If you can't read the display with your glasses I suggest you to check your eyes health and sight then you will find a solution (glasses or other optical solutions). PS I'm an optometrist;)

I've never worn glasses, but for the first time in my life, things that are as close as the 8X screen is when I play are slightly out of focus, I find myself needing to pull my head back 3-4 inches to see the 8X screen clearly when I am playing it. One of the reasons is probably age (I turned 60 this year) and I am sure that decades of computer screens (and before that from ages 4 to 20, music notation 2 feet away), didn't help. :)

Wearing glasses is NOT something that I am looking forward to... lol

So its been done!
The rectangular magnifying glass fits nicely over the display but I screw needed to be add crossing the body.

magnifying-glass1.jpg
magnifying-glass2.jpg

And by the way, my MULTIMEDIA ACCORDION GUIDE is now available in English. Check it out here:

Nice one. Thanks for the pictures and the tip.

Very well done, but I must say, all this when an eye test and a pair of multifocals could have done the job equally well!?

...but for someone that hasn't worn glasses in the 60 years of life, I see that I look like a dolt with glasses... haha

Jerry,
I'm sure Ric46 can explain why most people of 60 or so need at least a set of reading spectacles.?
Far from making you "look a dolt", they could give you an air of distinction, even erudition! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back