• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland FR8x

I have an 8X, but I don't know what the "master ball" is. Describe a little what you are trying to do. I do a lot of UPG programming of the 8X, but I don't use the "master ball"

Have a question how do you program the master ball recall setting for the FR8X
Greetings Fred

Congratulations on making your first post here Fred.

I also have an 8X and I’ve installed expansion sets and Richard Noel’s user program banks but haven’t come across the expression, so this is just a guess! Could it have something to do with reprogramming the master switch?

Others, including John M, have helped me get under way with the challenges of the 8X and I hope you’ll find the same.

Thank you for your message.
I mean the side bar at clavier.
I want to program this one. but don't know how.
or should that be with a Sound Set.

Have a question how do you program the master ball recall setting for the FR8X
Greetings Fred

Congratulations on making your first post here Fred.

I also have an 8X and I’ve installed expansion sets and Richard Noel’s user program banks but haven’t come across the expression, so this is just a guess! Could it have something to do with reprogramming the master switch?

Others, including John M, have helped me get under way with the challenges of the 8X and I hope you’ll find the same.
To program the master bar refer to menu 13.5 and you can program it to choose any of the 14 accordion registers also when in right hand orchestra mode 1 or 2 a push will bring you back to right hand accordion

To program the master bar refer to menu 13.5 and you can program it to choose any of the 14 accordion registers also when in right hand orchestra mode 1 or 2 a push will bring you back to right hand accordion
Nice one Pbraido! I’m learning something new every day in this forum, so a big THANKS to those that manage it.

Every time I play my 8x I go to menu 14 where I can turn off the bellows and still play. I’m expecting delivery of my K&M accordion stand next week and wonder if there’s a way to make my menu 15 settings permanent because I’d prefer not to have to fit bellows straps.

Last edited:
Nice one Pbraido! I’m learning something new every day in this forum, so a big THANKS to those that manage it.

Every time I play my 8x I go to menu 14 where I can turn off the bellows and still play. I’m expecting delivery of my K&M accordion stand next week and wonder if there’s a way to make my menu 15 settings permanent because I’d prefer not to have to fit bellows straps.
I think you mean make my menu 14 settings permanent not 15 - page 117 of the manual describes how to save menu 14 settings - just push in and hold the menu/write button to go to the write page then use the data/enter knob to select system then use the data/enter knob and you can select no for master tune no for scale tune and no for midi but yes for system then press the write button and your settings for bellows will be saved

Every time I play my 8x I go to menu 14 where I can turn off the bellows and still play. I’m expecting delivery of my K&M accordion stand next week and wonder if there’s a way to make my menu 14 settings permanent because I’d prefer not to have to fit bellows straps.
When in doubt read the manual lol! Page 117 of the manual tells how easy it is (with pictures):

1. Modify all the parameters you would like to use.
2. Press and hold the [MENU/WRITE] button to jump to the ”Write” page.
3. Use the [DATA ENTRY/WRITE] knob to select “System”.
4. Press [WRITE] to proceed.
5. Use the [DATA ENTRY/WRITE] knob to select the group of data you want to save. At default all groups are set to selection (Yes).
6. Press the [WRITE] button to save the parameter groups selected. After a while the display briefly confirms the operation and returns to the main page.

Back