• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Looking for more interesting beginner's songs!

Thanks for the reminder about the Recital book. I had that book and recall most of the tunes. I would like some of the Sedlon books but they are much harder to find, except for 1a & 1b. I am starting book 2 PH and it starts getting into more advanced practice and playing. I did go to Yuri Char's youtube site and he has a video where he plays through all the songs and exercises in PH book 2.
If you want to get the complete Sedlon set (1A thru 4B), I see E-bay has 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B. If you get those and want to complete your set, I can send you 4A & 4B.

Last edited:
Hi Newbie,

I could be wrong but I think the 94 lessons in the Duane Schnur series are from the Sedlon books. If you can’t find hard copies, these may help you. Not only that but it’s an interesting, if dated, series. Good luck with your journey!

Thanks for the information. I saved his page a while back and now I will need to revisit.

Hi Newbie,

I could be wrong but I think the 94 lessons in the Duane Schnur series are from the Sedlon books. If you can’t find hard copies, these may help you. Not only that but it’s an interesting, if dated, series. Good luck with your journey!

This is a great resource. Are any members aware of a similar site or sites for chromatic?

Back