• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Long jumps 🙂

These small jumps (all still within a region that's less than half of a piano's 88 note range) are one of the downsides of playing piano-accordion.
They are jumps because they are further than you can stretch between thumb and pinky. I'm so glad I took the plunge to start on CBA where a "jump" of two octave is not a jump and can be played legato...
But practice makes perfect. Everyone can learn to hit jumps right every time, as long as you stick to the same accordion for a long time (or at least to accordions with the same key width).

They say it's very difficult to eat a donut without licking your lips... I imagine it's equally difficult for button accordionists not to comment to piano accordionists that a two octave jump is "not a jump". :ROFLMAO:

But practice makes perfect. Everyone can learn to hit jumps right every time, as long as you stick to the same accordion for a long time (or at least to accordions with the same key width).

Yes, it crept up on me, but after three months continuous practice on one accordion I've developed a muscle memory to hit keys! It doesn't work on my other accordion though.

Back