• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

KETRON SD90 fuse to replace

ketronist

Reaction score
Hi. I have bought 2nd hand KETRON SD90, Right, sound part does not work, no sound names, nothing, otherwise module works OK. Maybe it has blown fuse!
Regards Pertti from Finland

First how about telling us to what you are trying to connect it to, what MIDI channels it is all set to and what testing or troubleshooting you did already?

Tested: From HAMMOND Sk1 MIDI Out to SD90 IN2 Keyb. then SD90 OUT, R and L to mixer LINE IN1 and LINE IN2, Style part works OK, but Sound part side is empty and mute. MIDI channels are, Rx 2 off 1 and Tx 1 off off.

OK so depending on things some more reading is needed.

It should be evident that the ”sound part” needs to receive MIDI info from the Hammond. For example if the hammond the settings for the right hand keyboard transmits on channel 1 (sending on MIDI channel 1 is ON), the KETRON has to have the “sound part” MIDI channel set to receive on channel 1 and turned on too.

afaik, all such consumer devices have a "demo" mode which
shows off their features automatically with a few midi routines embedded
in the EEPROM area usually (so they can never be deleted)

i suggest you look in the manual and invoke this, which would override
any accidental incorrect settings (like GM MIDI Volume Zero)
and so would show whether all areas were functioning correctly

good luck

>> Right, sound part does not work, no sound names, nothing, otherwise module works OK. Maybe it has blown fuse!

In general, if there is a fuse, it will be at the power entrance to the device. If the fuse is blown, nothing works.

If the device partially works, the problem is likely something else other than the fuse.

afaik, all such consumer devices have a "demo" mode which
shows off their features automatically with a few midi routines embedded
in the EEPROM area usually (so they can never be deleted)

i suggest you look in the manual and invoke this, which would override
any accidental incorrect settings (like GM MIDI Volume Zero)
and so would show whether all areas were functioning correctly

good luck
Right from the manual:
Launchpad : Up to 2048 Launchpad projects. 12 pads with 6 Scenes. 30 internal demos...

1669932152123.png
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

They're not very specific on how to start up the demos, but... there it is. :)

Hi. Still same old Blues, no light in the tunnel, I'll take SD90 to service. I'll let you know later on, what caused this problem.
Regards. Pepe

i thought that too, and had hoped the demo runtime would
reset or obviate a mis-set parameter

but it seems that did not get the quiet section to sound
so i don't know (without pics of the circuitboard and
schematics) what to suggest next

Hi. I've been busy, having a lot of duo gigs, used Pa800 and E-80. I didn't send SD90 to service, I solved problem used Factory Startup.

Back