• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

jimmy shand dots

Status
Not open for further replies.

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
I have attached a sheet of dots of Jimmy Shands version of The Road and the Miles to Dundee under accordion chat - bellows direction as it gives Jimmy's phrasing which is not related to a set number of bars!

george

Thanks, George for posting the road and the miles - I had been looking for exactly that piece and hadn't been able to find it. Thanks also about the advice about the box and fiddle clubs

I have only just got the hang of attaching things to the forum ( totally thick when it comes to computors) so will attach some more of Jimmys stuff including some of his own compositions when I haave scanned them etc

george

have posted a list of books of Jimmy Shands arrangements and of his original compositions in response to a question on ''accordion chat'' when to change bellows direction (or something like that)
Perhaps it would have been better on this subforum !
george

and why not!

several books published by Mozart and Allan and on ebay from time to time ( just put in ''jimmy shand'')

Jimmy Shand book of Waltzes - 4 books (mostly with his phrasing lines)

jimmy shand album of old time dance music - at least 2 books possibly more

Jimmy Shand Bagpipe March Book 2/4 and 6/8 marches

Jimmy Shand calling - Scottish dances inc marches ,reels, three step, barn dance etc

all above arranged for piano and piano accordion and with both dots and chord names for bass

Currently in print (Muchty Music)
44 Original Compositions by Sir Jimmy Shand Dots for melody and chord symbols.
and another with 100 of his own compositions.

I recommend them all!

george

[ One of Jimmy;s best known compositions Welcome Christmas Morn and his arrangement of Bonny Mary Of Argyll

more to follow!

george

Attachments

• shand - welcome christmas morn.jpg
    shand - welcome christmas morn.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,255
  • jimmy shand waltz bonny mary of argyll.pdf
    594.4 KB · Views: 111
Jimmy Shand composition Auchtermuchty ( his home town) Gala March

george

Attachments

• jimmy shand sheet music auachtermuchty gala march.pdf
    464.5 KB · Views: 129
Jimmy Shands arrangement of The Baron Rocks of Aden last 8 bars being a variation by Scott Skinner

george

Attachments

• shand  - baron roks of aden with sot skinner variations.jpg
    shand - baron roks of aden with sot skinner variations.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,204
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back