• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

........Anyway I'm off to Italy soon to visit wife's non musical family and celebrate la festa di sant' antonio and hope to see/hear some accordions, although historically surprisingly i see very few although there is a musician in the village who has a p/a.

also a wife's cousin told me once he had a dino baffeti 8 bass button that he trying to sell after gave up lessons - he paid 1500 euros and selling for 800 but he said he had it modified so only 4 bass buttons worked to simplify it for him :?: :!: -

also actually see a posting on facebook that my second cousin (who i have not seen for a long time and prob wont do) won a national button accordion competition in san marco dei cavoti p .benevento this month - remember him playing once at a family party on a tiny button box yrs ago - i also remember his grandad played button and used to play to him from childhood (i have a family photo of this with them in their courtyard) {} :ch

Have a great trip amongst your extended family of organetto heroes. Even if you don't hear any accordions at all, sounds good to me.

By the way, what's your cousin's name? I bet he's on Youtube.

Nino La Vista

Please let me know if you find anything as would love to see / hear him!

Yep - have a good trip Dave - don't eat too much...

Soulsaver said:
Yep - have a good trip Dave - dont eat too much...
Whats the point of going to Italy if you dont eat lots?

Soulsaver said:
Yep - have a good trip Dave - dont eat too much...
Whats the point of going to Italy if you dont eat lots?[/quote]
You can eat lots... just not TOO much!
And you do need to leave space for the VINO..

I went to Rome last year and no joke, there were accordionists everywhere, even on the tube, was novel at first but became pretty sick of that Liber Tango song by the time I left as everyone seemed to play that. And the food is so good and healthy, Amazing place :D

Puxto said:
I went to Rome last year and no joke, there were accordionists everywhere, even on the tube, was novel at first but became pretty sick of that Liber Tango song by the time I left as everyone seemed to play that. :D
I had the same experience 5 years ago. It was a bit in your face every time and you couldnt sit anywhere without being asked to contribute to their well being via a small donation (by which I do not mean some tips on how to broaden their repertoire).

[/quote]
I had the same experience 5 years ago. It was a bit in your face every time and you couldn't sit anywhere without being asked to contribute to their well being via a small donation (by which I do not mean some tips on how to broaden their repertoire).[/quote]
Again, great at first, but indeed, I felt a bit embarrassed to mention that I played after a while as they seemed almost like a pest :lol: I did see the odd ones here or there who really stood out though.. Also I noticed alot of them seemed to have battered old boxes that looked like scrap but sounded lovely

Hope you found some good music, D. The only time I went there I was not experienced enough to realize that the kind of accordion music I wanted to listen to is played in the "discos" or other clubs where I did not expect it. Such for the "liscio" or other pop, contemporary styles. Now I know better and next time will check the venues in advance, as well as for the taranta fests in the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back