• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

"It don't mean a thing..." sheetmusic

Status
Not open for further replies.

xocd

Reaction score
Looking for an accordion arrangement for Duke Ellingtons It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing. Something along the lines of these two videos:

Egle Bartkeviciute playing a Frank Marocco arrangement

Uwe Steger, unknown arrangement

Neither of the two books of Frank Maroccos Jazz arrangements from Carisch has it (Vol. 2).

I have found a possible candidate: Transcription by Schwarzien Ralf, (one can see the first and last pages by clicking on the images in that page).

Can you suggest a source?

Thanks,

-------

{} :tup: {}

Musicnotes.com has 26 arrangements, and sheetmusic direct.com has 28 - none specifically for accordion but that should get you started.

There is a version in the Jazz Accordion Songbook by Pete Lee.

Rhelsing said:
Musicnotes.com has 26 arrangements, and sheetmusic direct.com has 28 - none specifically for accordion but that should get you started.

Thanks, I am hoping to find an accordion-specific version. Instant gratification takes too long.

Nonny Mouse said:
There is a version in the Jazz Accordion Songbook by Pete Lee.

Thanks, I have ordered the book.

Arigo Tomasi has a good version on his web site. You can get a simple version for free or the full arrangement as a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back