• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

is this price reasonable? Camillino

is this price reasonable?

• yep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nope

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • economics are complicated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rootsong

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm in the market for an ultra compact 120 bass keyboard accordion with musette. Tempo Trend in Victoria, Canada has the same one as this pic, different grill. Listed at $3495 CDN. Camillino (Camillo) 16" keyboard. all refurbished and working smoothly etc.

Is that a reasonable price? I was hoping for something (much) cheaper, but it seems to be difficult to find what I'm looking for. Thanks for any insight.

20230922_134811.jpg

Not entirely clear what this is. Maybe LMM configuration without cassotto? In that case the price at Tempo Trend is rather steep (even in CAD) but not so bad if it really is fully refurbished, tuned, and maintained. When you find one at a much more reasonable price it may not be in a similar condition... You can find accordions with a similar configuration for around 1000 CAD, but who knows what condition they are in. When you are "just" an accordion player it's best to buy from a dealer who can give a warranty, does repairs and tuning... so that you can enjoy the accordion for a long time.

Not entirely clear what this is. Maybe LMM configuration without cassotto? In that case the price at Tempo Trend is rather steep (even in CAD) but not so bad if it really is fully refurbished, tuned, and maintained. When you find one at a much more reasonable price it may not be in a similar condition... You can find accordions with a similar configuration for around 1000 CAD, but who knows what condition they are in. When you are "just" an accordion player it's best to buy from a dealer who can give a warranty, does repairs and tuning... so that you can enjoy the accordion for a long time.
Appreciate your insight! Yeah I think it's LMM without cassotto, I'll double check, but I found the same model elsewhere it's LMM. I'll get more info before deciding. It definitely is all tuned and maintained.

Last edited:
Is that a reasonable price?
This is probably a 1960s, basic , beginner's, LMM model in a youth's or ladies' size. Possibly made by Guerrini, a "name" Italian maker.🙂
Even so, to me, for what it is, it appears to be hugely overpriced , but with used accordions there's no "blue book".
Negotiate: offer 1/3 and be prepared to go up to 1/2?🤔🙂

Last edited:
different grill.
Different grill is significant, as it would reflect on the year of manufacture but, in my opinion it couldn't affect the price all that much.
There's several used Camillo-Superlini (Guerrini) accordions listed on the web In the $500 to $1,500 range : that's more like it!
See here:

Last edited:
for comparison:

this one is also an "accordion teaching studio" step up 3/4 size accordion as sold
to parents when they were still excited about their "gifted" child

we know this because the accordions (LMM) both have 7 shifts where they only need 5,
which is a dead giveaway that the accordion sellers/builders felt the pressure to
"keep up" with the other studios who were very competitive and would lie a lot
about better accordions having more chrome more shifts more fake features etc.

that red camillino was likely NOT built to a high quality standard,
as it had to keep the cost down as low as possible so the teaching
studio could get a big markup if possible, but sell it cheap if they
had a competitor driving the price down

there is NO WAY adjusting for inflation that accordion ever in it's life
was worth anywhere NEAR that kind of money

having said that, it is not easy to get small accordions anymore,
so it is now worth whatever the market will bear

but for certain i think you should, at least, first compare to prices for
smaller decent models from Italy like Tom did. He ended up with
2 nice boxes under the piatanese brand

Thanks for weighing in @Dingo40 @Ventura @debra . I heard back from Tempo Trend and confirmed that yes, it's MML, no cassotto. I asked him to speak to the price and he recognized that prices are all over the place with similar models. He confirmed it has no rust, no mold, no dried stiff leathers, easy keyboard action, no leaks, great in tune sound. I've seen a video of it in action and it's lovely. Tempo Trend offers a 3 year parts and labour warranty and a 3 year full price trade up option. That said, I'm in Toronto so I'd still have to pay for shipping to B.C. to take advantage of those things.

It's hard to compare with anything else cause I literally have found nothing for sale online in a similar size with musette! And I'm quite set on the size for a few reasons...

Hmmm... more pondering to do. Perhaps I'll fix up my slightly broken Accordiana student model I've been rocking that I got for free in the meantime.

Appreciate your insights and welcome any other thoughts as they come!!

Last edited:
True enough. And it’s too bad you’re not in Wisconsin because I have a similar used “Custom Built” 7 switch Red Scandalli I would sell for way less than they are asking here.

True enough. And it’s too bad you’re not in Wisconsin because I have a similar used “Custom Built” 7 switch Red Scandalli I would sell for way less than they are asking here.
I mean, get in touch if you wanna chat about it!

Yes it is well overpriced... by as much as an easy 30-35 percent too high. even if it is in the most perfect condition possible.

If youre in Toronto have you checked out Accordions Canada? They have similar LMM models for less, and theirs are also refurbished and tuned

one last thought from me..

your Accordiana ?
if it is also an LMM student size and
if you put $2000 into refurbishing it
you would have an accordion superior in quality to the Camillino

... and don't forget to check on what Anderson's Accordion out in Burlington Ontario has in terms of inventory.

Outstanding reputation, unmatched repair quality AND reasonable prices.

I always thought that the prices for such things could be absolutely anything. Whatever comes to the seller’s mind, he will deliver. Maybe someone will buy it for 3k but I wouldn’t.

Back