• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Is this Galanti Accordion anything special

cjm67

Reaction score
I have this accordion from my wifes fathers estate and have no idea how to ID it or gauge a price. Any ideas? Thanks so much for you help in advance. GalantiAccordian-1.jpgGalantiAccordian-3.jpg

Attachments

• GalantiAccordian-4.jpg
    GalantiAccordian-4.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 9
Galanti made a variety of grades of accordions. This is a beginners student model like many others and nothing special.
Common accordions like this don't acquire "Antique" or "Vintage" value unless they have some special provenance. They just get old and deteriorate. Repairs cost more than they are usually worth. The value depends on how many issues it has. Certainly needs a good cleaning and straps. Bellows don't look too good, Someone screwed up the bass side and the front grill looks bad as well. The only way to really put a value on it is to open it up and look at the condition of the reeds, leathers, pads, wax, presence of mildew and also determine if it is in tune. The market is pretty soft right now. If it plays half decently, perhaps between $25 and $75. If it doesn't, its value is just sentimental perhaps. The only way to know for sure is to take it to someone who plays or repairs them and get an estimate. Sorry to be such a downer but that's just my opinion - others may disagree.

I agree. Not much value here. Is a very basic student accordion that probably would only be good for a few months and then a student would need more. Cool since it was probably your wife’s father’s first accordion when he was very young! (I hope not his last 😀)

Thanks so much for the help. This was my wifes fathers accordion. Not sure he ever played it as when he died I had to get rid of like 30-40 instruments as he had a band house. I got so sick of selling instruments because of tire kickers and low ballers I put the accordions and brass instruments in my storage and closed the door for 5 years.

Back