• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Help for Dallape accordion identification

Eliasmanu

Reaction score
Please if somebody could help me to identify this Accordion, is this a Dallape or its something else ?

Any oppinion is strongely apreciated (even if its just a feeling, in stead of something documented).

Thank you everyone !

Attachments

• 3_Dallape 80 bas.jpg
    3_Dallape 80 bas.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
One more photos of internals... Is this an original Dallape construction?

Any help is appreciated...Screenshot_20230331_103541_com.whatsapp.jpg

it does seem to be a beginner/intermediate accoriordion and a real Dallape... as fasr as 2 pics can show. Likely from the 60's-70's.

In my opinion is something strange with the colors... I mean the accordion has many details on gold color and other on silver color... And I could not find on the whole Internet at least a picture with other Dallape that has the same front grille or same registers buttons (or at least to be closely.
Any opiniĆ³n helps, thank you and best regards

Thank you for your confirmation, that was also my opinion, but ... now the question is: What it is ? Galani does not seams to be... accordingly with what I found on internet, I could not find any with similar front grille or with similar registers buttons...so maybe mote appropriate thread title is : Guess what accordion is this ?

After many research I could not identify the mark (producer) of this accordeon... I found some similar registers buttons on Scandalli, SILA, Manfrini, I think some Accordiola, (I think could be from Camerano) use them, but nothing more than that...

Hello again everybody, please if anyone has an opinion of what accordion is, please feel free to share with me, thank you and best regards!

JIMD is the best on this board. If he says it is not a Dallape, its not... and his suggestion of it being a Galanti as a closest match will likely be the best answer you will find here. :)

Whom ever decided to rebadge this student model failed to get the name Dallape in a straight line when it was
attached. A sad rip off & the cockeyed name is an easy giveaway.

Whom ever decided to rebadge this student model failed to get the name Dallape in a straight line when it was
attached. A sad rip off & the cockeyed name is an easy giveaway.
So many fakes... and in many countries there are "artisans" who are willing to reproduce any badge you want and put it on any accordion you like...

Well, thank you very much for that answer... Is really very useful to know that this is not a Dallape, like I suspect,... but the question is now intrigued me is ... what this accordion brand is ?

Well, thank you very much for that answer... Is really very useful to know that this is not a Dallape, like I suspect,... but the question is now intrigued me is ... what this accordion brand is ?
Accordions are made out of over 95% "standard" parts that every manufacturer uses. As a result they look very much alike, more so on the inside than the outside. The main "signature" element that someone might recognize is the grille.

Accordions are made out of over 95% "standard" parts that every manufacturer uses. As a result they look very much alike, more so on the inside than the outside. The main "signature" element that someone might recognize is the grille.
As much as we'd like to believe, accordions (and most everything else) are not created by hand by dedicated craftsmen. Every manufacturer has to produce enough products to be profitable, or they would quickly go out of business. Most manufacturers want to create a range of models in order to gain sales in a wide variety of instruments for all pocketbooks. In some cases components are purchased and used and in others the entire instrument gets a badge and perhaps even a new grille and the company has an instant new model accordion. It's probably not that important so unless you were sold a second quality instrument for a first quality price, you shouldn't worry about these facts of life because the same happens in autos, electronics, consumer goods etc...

As much as we'd like to believe, accordions (and most everything else) are not created by hand by dedicated craftsmen. Every manufacturer has to produce enough products to be profitable, or they would quickly go out of business. Most manufacturers want to create a range of models in order to gain sales in a wide variety of instruments for all pocketbooks. In some cases components are purchased and used and in others the entire instrument gets a badge and perhaps even a new grille and the company has an instant new model accordion. It's probably not that important so unless you were sold a second quality instrument for a first quality price, you shouldn't worry about these facts of life because the same happens in autos, electronics, consumer goods etc...
Accordions are still assembled by hand by dedicated craftsmen (and -women). When I said 95% standard parts I'm referring to all the small bits. What many accordion factories still build themselves are the treble and bass case (housing), and most importantly the reed blocks. These parts are important for the specific sound of each accordion. The materials and shapes (especially the cassotto and the reed blocks) are very important for the sound. But assembling the accordion is still a hell of a job. From getting a keyboard with the levers all sticking out of the keys straight towards the back into a keyboard that fits in the accordion, the levers all bent carefully so that the pallets end up exactly over the right holes in the soundboard is a job for an expert craftsman. Likewise putting the bass mechanism together out of hundreds of parts is also a laborious process that requires good skills. Then there are smaller bits and difficulties, like for instance chin switches on piano accordions. Their mechanics have to be carefully placed under the keyboard wherever there is room. (On button accordions there is room for a standard switch assembly between the switches and the "start" of the keyboard, soom that is lacking on a piano accordion.)
Of course. especially in the somewhat lower end models there is more "outsourcing" that's going on and for instance even the treble and bass housing may come from a separate factory that makes them. As a result many smaller accordions from different brands look virtually identical.

Back