• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hello from TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TW

I've played, inexpertly, for years and years but still travel in hope with 3 CBA's - 2 Rolands and a Cooperativa acoustic.

I like technology so I was sorry when AL removed the electronic section from his forum - which still remains excellent in its more sharply focussed content.

I hope this one will develope into its equal, but with a more encompassing musical attitude and perhaps less sniffy about the electronic threads.

Regards and nice to meet so many familiar handles again (formerly TW - too short for here)

John

I am contemplating a Roland....at the cheaper end because of fiscal considerations........is an FR1 worth considering or should I aim a little further up the food chain to perhaps a 2 or 3 ?

And do they really respond to bellows input as an acoustic does.....I would like to practice silently....and probably so would my neighbours like me to :lol:

I too am interested in a Roland but they are now on series 8 I believe. Will and FR1 be worth having?

Hi Glenn; I'm afraid I can't in good conscience recommend the dis-continued FR-1 and FR-2. These models were intended for use of instruction and not for performance purposes. Look for a used FR-3 . JIM D.

JIM D. said:
Hi Glenn; Im afraid I cant in good conscience recommend the dis-continued FR-1 and FR-2. These models were intended for use of instruction and not for performance purposes. Look for a used FR-3 . JIM D.
Seconded.

I hear hot of the press 4 off FR7s were stolen during the NAO national competition at the week end.
It was held in Liverpool....
Now are you surprised?

Joke? - No, its absolutely true.

JIM D. said:
Hi Glenn; Im afraid I cant in good conscience recommend the dis-continued FR-1 and FR-2. These models were intended for use of instruction and not for performance purposes. Look for a used FR-3 . JIM D.
Seconded.

I hear hot of the press 4 off FR7s were stolen during the NAO national competition at the week end.
It was held in Liverpool....
Now are you surprised?

Joke? - No, its absolutely true.[/quote]

So if you get offered an FR7S chocked up on bricks ,its deffo dodgy den......dey do dat dont dey do?dey do....! :twisted:

Listen Jarvo - you're a bad influence on me, dont get me started on scouser jokes - we'll be banned. Look what happend on the fruit juice joke. :lol:

And Cheshire is, like, next door, too - easy for reprisals..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back