• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Has anyone here had custom bellows made for them? Have a question...

Reaction score
I'm receiving a simple and really old 32 bass Paolo Soprani next week. This model has those outdated metal bellow clasps that leave scratches and are non adjustable or easily replaced. I want to get new bellows made by either Marconi or Galassi in a few months and just me being a difficult person was thinking about having interior cloth covering added to possibly make the bellows more durable. How high is the chance that if I were do add this option that the bellow clasps won't close?

I know that it seems silly spending more on new bellows than I paid for the accordion but sometimes the journey is entertaining, also doing this project will hold me off from purchasing an Ottavianellli Cub for the time being.

The new bellows, will require you to remove the existing bellows frames and install them on the new set.
See Here -----

As far as the bellows straps, you will have to alter them or replace them.

Last edited:
Not sure why you want interior cloth covering to make the bellows more durable. When accordions are played reasonably carefully and frequently the bellows are still like new after 50 years of use. Only the bellow tape on the outside wears out by rubbing against your clothing. Inside 50 year old bellows still look like new. The addition would make the bellows thicker, requiring replacement of the bellow straps.

Back