• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

happy to share I finally have an accordion to keep me busy

bandoneon.hk

Reaction score
I am new to accordion. few years ago I bought a c system Bugari converter accordion but the free bass follow the layout of Harmoneon (low pitch at bottom), I couldn't find study material to get me familiar with left hand so I gave up and sold it to other.

I recently bought a B system Pigini Caracter converter accordion from other side of earth with happy price but heard from my seller who is the 3rd owner that the accordion has been played frequently for more than 5 years without tuning.

I received it with bass button jam but luckily I am able to release all jammed rods. and now both standard bass and freebass are working.

I started practising with freebass material I bought from Volodymyr Kurylenko. I immediately fall in love with it and look forward to soon have the ability to sight read music with fingering by my own intuitive.

But the problem is the tuning, some high pitch notes in right hand have delay sound. I know I can fix by adjusting the reed to close to plate but I don't know how to locate the reed and how to disassemble the whole reed block. Some notes are not in tune which I can't fix.

this is the only B system converter accordion I have and I don't have space for another accordion. I know one day I will have to send the instrument to good repair shop for maintenance. but for now I am happy.

I am new to accordion. few years ago I bought a c system Bugari converter accordion but the free bass follow the layout of Harmoneon (low pitch at bottom), I couldn't find study material to get me familiar with left hand so I gave up and sold it to other.

I recently bought a B system Pigini Caracter converter accordion from other side of earth with happy price but heard from my seller who is the 3rd owner that the accordion has been played frequently for more than 5 years without tuning.

I received it with bass button jam but luckily I am able to release all jammed rods. and now both standard bass and freebass are working.

I started practising with freebass material I bought from Volodymyr Kurylenko. I immediately fall in love with it and look forward to soon have the ability to sight read music with fingering by my own intuitive.

But the problem is the tuning, some high pitch notes in right hand have delay sound. I know I can fix by adjusting the reed to close to plate but I don't know how to locate the reed and how to disassemble the whole reed block. Some notes are not in tune which I can't fix.

this is the only B system converter accordion I have and I don't have space for another accordion. I know one day I will have to send the instrument to good repair shop for maintenance. but for now I am happy.
Very cool!

Good to hear bandoneon! I am glad you found an accordion to play, and are happy to enjoy it until you can get the tuning fixed. I’m guessing 99.9 percent of us acoustic players have one or more reed “slightly out of tune”. Except Mr. DeBra of course ☺️😉🎹🎼🔜

Back