• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Goldtopia - Bill Orrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I received an email today to tell me that Bill Orrell (Goldtopia) sadly passed away a little while ago.
Condolences to his family.

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family.

Lovely Guy, one of the early adopters on here.. wondered where he'd been, will be missed. RIP.

It's always sad to hear when a circle is broken. Let's all hope Bill finds an accordion on the other side of the journey he's taken. {} RIP {}

I too had wondered about the absence of posts from 'Goldtopia'.
Sad news - he'll be greatly missed, a decent man who loved his music and kept his curiosity.

In a previous post I was bold enough to let Bill know how much I enjoy the many wise & witty contributions he makes.

Sincere condolences to his family; his writing always added colour to this site; he will be sadly missed.

Let me also add my name to the above list. In 2014 we had many on-line conversations on a variety of topics and Bill, as a young 71 year old, was even prepared to modify the bass buttons of his beloved Welty on the advice of a few fellow amateurs who lived some hundred of miles away from him.
RIP Bill, we are thinking about you.
Garth

Bill was one of the first people I corresponded with about Weltmeisters. My sincere condolences to his family. His contributions to our forum will surely be missed.

Oh that is sad news indeed.

Like others had wondered at the absence of posts recently. Always felt a bit of a connection with Bill somehow, similar views on accordion topics and re advancing years. Always enjoyed his contributions, will miss him, lovely chap.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back