• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

From The Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found a very informative article that centers on the accordion models of Cordovox that started this whole digital accordion age. Nice light reading and great history facts.
http://caffetrieste.com/Abrief.pdf

Yes, it brought back some fond memories. I got my first Cordovox (a CG-3) in 1962 - switched to a Super V and then to a Farfisa Synaccordion in the 70's. When the midi retrofit kits were introduced in the late 70's I built myself a midi Titano and played it until 2004 when the Roland "V' accordions were introduced. Started with a FR-7 and played it until the 7x came along an now I have a FR-3x, FR-7x and a FR-8x in the shop. (the FR-7x is my digital "Main Squeeze").
And although I have many acoustic's at any one time, my rebuilt US made Excelsior Symphony is my acoustic "Main Squeeze".

Great find, Jim, thanks for sharing! I personally enjoyed the part about the Elka and was a little surprised about the relationship between Iorio and Elka. Sad that they went bankrupt.

Being a Roland player and also a bit familiar with the Accorgan I really enjoyed the article. Lots of good accordion history there.
I did however have to chuckle when I read the last paragraph on the bottom of Page 33 with regards to only the most skilled personnel were allowed to work on a Petosa .
If nothing else it made good advertising for Petosa. The statement was hard to swallow and in my opinion perpetuates the Petosa myth.
I`d have to believe most any skilled worker in the ZeroSette factory would be capable of doing at least some of the basic work when building even a Petosa. I`m sure each one was given specific tasks in which they excelled since certain employees have their own specialties and some have better skills in certain areas of accordion building. Like most any accordion maker, Petosa like ZeroSette and Giulietti marketed a mix of accordions , some high quality and some for beginners and students. I cannot believe Petosas` were made only by certain designated employees only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back