• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Franklin Lundak International Button Accordion System

Yes.... his method(for the diatonic accordion ) is with the standing notes.. I've been in touch with his daughter regarding cd's he made, duplicate of the tapes. Anyone interested in playing the German, Czech or Slovak music and has never played should contact his daughter Diane. You can start on a one row, G. Then graduate to a two three or four row. There are many good used GCFB diatonics out there.... make sure it has been tuned and in good shape.. It's very costly to get an accordion repaired and tuned... The Czech's make an accordion without the Glichs or standing notes. Made by Delecia under the Hlavacek name.
I'll be hearing one in real life very soon... thats a hint to some good news that I will be posting VERY soon. :D :D

I believe you won't be disappointed. They have such a unique sound and I love it!
It would not be my first time. :)
I think that excluding one cousin in Prague, there are a good dozen or more of my family that play “Heligonky”. I like the sound but don’t think I am in at an age to start something that new… lol

I believe you won't be disappointed. They have such a unique sound and I love it!
You being from Nebraska, I have to ask you, have you ever come across the name of Ray Svetska? He was
It would not be my first time. :)
I think that excluding one cousin in Prague, there are a good dozen or more of my family that play “Heligonky”. I like the sound but don’t think I am in at an age to start something that new… lol
Really? The Lundak method was made for you. Starts you out very basic. He walks you through each lesson. In one week you would be playing. One of the songs in the first book is U Studanky. Simple. I started when I was 57, never regretted one moment of the challenge. Started with on old, very old Antone Hlavacek, one row.... falling apart.... A friend of mine Rudy Kubic played th4e BB and his cousin Ray Sveteska came for a visit.. He had is accordion, a Novak Club Alpine, black with Eldelwiss flowers. I fell in love with the sound and the size. So, I ordered one from Castiglione in Warren MIch.......... I had several Hlavaceck's. One was like new.... a friend purchased it in Chicago, a Czech import shop in 1930's and never played. I had others and sold them all... All in good playing condition. The Czech's had a special sound at that time. Maybe because of the brass plates that hold the reeds... You either like the sound or not. Although all I play is Czech music I like the sound of more a musette. I had a new Beltuna that was made special for me.... I had it tuned 440. Sold it two months ago and picked up a 3 row Strasser GCF. Not played much, If at all. Sent it out for retuning. Sounds great. I'm now 91 and still play the beautiful melodies only the Czech's can compose. They are absolutely beautiful.

You being from Nebraska, I have to ask you, have you ever come across the name of Ray Svetska?
I haven't personally heard the name but I can definitely ask my family if they have. In smaller towns everyone tends to know everyone. Clarkson is where the majority of my family is from.
Although all I play is Czech music I like the sound of more a musette.
While I don't have much (no) prior experience with music, I believe my Hlavaček has a more musette sound. I was a bit hesitant at first because I thought czech music was mainly played with dry tuning but I love how it sounds, even in my hands:ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Tom
Really? The Lundak method was made for you. Starts you out very basic. He walks you through each lesson. In one week you would be playing. One of the songs in the first book is U Studanky.

While I am not saying “never”, I am currently saying that my accordion time is very limited, and as much as I enjoy the sound, I’ve made the decision to continue walking the path of PA accordions that I came back to in April 2016 after a hiatus of over 3 decades. If you have seen my collection or read my story, you may understand why. :)

Back