• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

My submission for accordion star international competition

breezybellows

Reaction score
Wish me luck!
These are the four songs I submitted for this year's Accordion Star International. No matter what place I finish, this competition made me push myself hard over the last few months. If not for According Star International, I would not have practiced these songs as much as I did. I now have two new performance pieces (pink panther and Sous le ciel de Paris) for busking.

You were fantastic. I actually watched your submission twice. And that accordion looks great. I only remember two other players in your category and I think you have a very strong chance of winning.

You were fantastic. I actually watched your submission twice. And that accordion looks great. I only remember two other players in your category and I think you have a very strong chance of winning.
Hello Alan,

Thanks for the comments. I practiced for several months for this. Originally planned to play Tico Tico as well. The requirement of having all songs played in one shot was hard. So I had to drop tico tico and play Chim Chim Che-ree instead.

I love that accordion. Its a Petosa Artista Pro xt. I purchased it new in 2020. Joe Petosa Sr told me that the accordion will start sounding better with age. I don't have good quality recordings from 2020. But it certainly feels louder and more resonant. I own several accordions. The ergonomics on this accordion is unmatched. Thats why I used this accordion on all 3 competitions I played.

Back