• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

FR7 cover cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TW

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've taken to leaving my accordions accessible as George recommends.....
An FR7 that I had came with a quality cloth that draped elegantly.
I've looked at microfibre cloths on the net but can't tell if that is the material Roland’s used.
A clue would be appreciated..not pump towels George,,, :)

Silk, silk imitation, polyester or micro-fiber all serve the same purpose as would even an old well used (but still in good condition) bath towel. Though mine came with the factory one, I like to use another option on top of what the factory gave me... DIY custom plastic cover:

center>
cover1.jpg

center>
cover2.jpg

Where the factory cover leaves the back and sides completely open, this solution covers it completely and keeps all dust off it everywhere. :)

Talk to the head of Domestic Trivia John, see if she has any old sheets or the odd pashmina that could do the job just as well ;)

It's less damp inside in Yorkshire Jerry than widely believed trans-atlantically...so, as you say, anything would do..but be nowhere near as aesthetic as your custom built shelters.
Must say that your play area is very impressive...!

You know that I'm the head of domestic trivia Graham.....B just looks after world affairs...?

Maybe newspaper...I know this post was a waste of everyone's time and a mistake, but it is wet and grey and cold and windy...sorry..

TW said:
(...) I know this post was a waste of everyones time and a mistake, but it is wet and grey and cold and windy...sorry..[/i]
Good excuse for talking to yourself ;) it was a timely reminder that a cover is on my to do list too(!)
....maybe tomorrow ...

TW said:
Its less damp inside in Yorkshire Jerry than widely believed trans-atlantically...so, as you say, anything would do..but be nowhere near as aesthetic as your custom built shelters.
I have my mother to thank for that. She made the first one for my Hohner many years ago, and she goes to the trouble of making one for each of my accordions and even for my other equipment, all from the goodness of her heart. Shes even made me a glove for my arm (for the free bass accordion)!

TW said:
Must say that your play area is very impressive...!
Today its a bloody mess, but thats because I am working, playing, eating and redesigning the basement almost completely down here, normally it is a lot neater and I do take a little pride in my setups (both the music and computer hardware), they will serve me well in the near future with the new Roland added to the mix.

Almost ashamed to show it. :)
http://syner-g.asuscomm.com/mymusic/files/mess.jpg>
mess.jpg

It is a fun place to play for sure. Next step in the very near future is to make a small area where I can make a few video recordings with some kind of backdrop to serve as the layout for the Roland videos I hope to make.

the head of domestic trivia Graham.....B just looks after world affairs...?[/quote]
Haha, well then that places the weight squarely on your shoulders now, doesnt it!

TW said:
Maybe newspaper...I know this post was a waste of everyones time and a mistake, but it is wet and grey and cold and windy...sorry..
Talking accordions is NEVER a waste of time! :ch

What a nice reply Jerry, and thanks for the view into your life.

Habitable basements must be a boon - far from the damp, dull, cold spaces I knew as rented student accommodation in the dark ages of the 50s.
You show the possibilties for a great place to spread your wings - do they exist in England I wonder, or are we really shed people?

Ill reciprocate with my corner - the Gaelic IV now replaced by a Shand Morino from Brandons travels, very much work in progress as far as making music is concerned....but it does have a real Scottish musette sound!

I look forward to seeing/hearing your progress with the 8X and wish you well with it.

Attachments

• Gaelic IVS 03.jpg
    Gaelic IVS 03.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 878
Thanks guys for being brave enough to show us your setups. It's nice to see and maybe I'll do the same if my wife gives the all clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back