• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Forum Contest June 2023

There aren’t many entries of the musette genre entered yet and so here is one that I came across recently which does somehow feel Chinese as per its title, Valse Chinoise.

P.S. Advice needed regarding changing registers midway through pieces which I find difficult, not so much the choice of registers but the practical aspects e.g. Usually the trio section of a waltz is an opportunity to introduce a different sound but then you have to remember to go back to the original sound when the trio ends!

Thanks, didn't expect that, very humbling :)
Just looked on your website.
A wealth of information and instructional videos.
Thank you so much. It will keep me busy for some time (y) :)
I fully recommend all lovers of Oberkrainer/Tyrol music to check it out.

Thanks, didn't expect that, very humbling :)
Have to agree with Pipemajor above about your website.
I wondered if you have the sheet music for Good Time Polka by one of the Avseniks. George has played it on here and I do like it but haven't found it anywhere. Thanks.

Have to agree with Pipemajor above about your website.
I wondered if you have the sheet music for Good Time Polka by one of the Avseniks. George has played it on here and I do like it but haven't found it anywhere. Thanks.
Thank you for the positive comment.
PM me with a link to a video of it, or the original German or Slovenian name of the song (English titles seem to only ever be rough translations that don't match 1:1 to the original titles so it's a bit hard) and I'll try to help you with the sheets.

Thank you for the positive comment.
PM me with a link to a video of it, or the original German or Slovenian name of the song (English titles seem to only ever be rough translations that don't match 1:1 to the original titles so it's a bit hard) and I'll try to help you with the sheets.
Thanks, have done so. Cheers.

So true on the translation. I have a Slovenian polka ->My Wife Is Happy. Under the English title is Slovenian -> Moja Baba je Pijana, which means My Wife Is Drunk. I guess she's Happy.
One of my favorites....My Grandmother was from what is now called Slovakia and we called her Baba - In many Slavic cultures, this is what the head matriarch of the family is usually called.My Wife is Happy 001.JPG

Another good one in that Vol. 4 was Oh Marie Polka (Oj, Marcia Peglaj). I think that means Marie is ironing.

All of Yankovic's 4 Volumes were good. They are all available from Treadwell's music in Canada.

1688570413972.png
Has anyone spotted the musical error? :D
It's the "vaneira" forró rhythm, but should have 16th notes ("demisemiquavers"?) as the second set in the treble. A cool rhythm but not as easy as it seems.

Back