• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

"Final" Bach piece to complete the virtual concerto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's time to reveal my larger plan. While creating a CD to illustrate my arrangements I recorded three Bach pieces of concertos.
My "problem" with Bach's concertos is that I often like just the first movement, or just the second, or just the third.
There are many first movements I like, quite a few third movements, but not many second movements.
So to complete a "virtual" concerto consisting of the first movement from BWV 1041 and the third movement from BWV 1042 I revisited my arrangement of and recorded the second movement from BWV 1043.
The arrangement can be played using 5 players, but then the third voice is difficult (with large distances between upper and lower notes) annd the fourth voice is difficult (combining the lower cello part with an upper continuo part). So I recorded 7 voices (also written out in the arrangement).
The arrangement can be found at https://www.de-bra.nl/arrangements.html#bwv1043-2 and on imslp.org.

Asl the "virtual" concerto is now complete I won't bother you with more recordings here. Everything new appears on my YouTube channel anyway.

Enjoy!

[video=youtube]

Love all your work, Paul, I often listen to your recordings and enjoy them a lot.

Glad to hear it.
A lot of times, the second mvmts are my favorites! Like BVW 1041.....stunningly beautiful. Maybe not on accordion?

Thanks, Paul. This movement is one of my favorites, too. I'm amazed that you can record all the parts separately and still have it sound like an ensemble playing together live. Great work

it's incredible how the 5 accordions blend their sounds so nice, the audio mix makes me feel like i'm right in the middle of the players, absolutely live-feeling music. What a great work!

Jim2010 said:
Thanks, Paul. This movement is one of my favorites, too. I'm amazed that you can record all the parts separately and still have it sound like an ensemble playing together live. Great work

I am better at using n-Track than at playing the accordion...
(n-Track is a pretty good multitrack editor)
Recording individual tracks, keeping the whole song in your head so you know how to interpret each track is an acquired skill and is required to make the music sound like an ensemble after mixing. But playing the tracks so that they will be perfectly synchronized and balanced when you mix them together is simply impossible. That's why the n-Track skill is also very important to synchronize the different voices and refine volume envelopes so the right voice is emphasized at the right time.

thanks very lovely playing!
voices might have been seperated more in stereo for wow-factor
mix is very pleasant to listen to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back