• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

4th and final Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I posted on the recently closed forum about the first youtube video of our Roland orchestra. Since then two more have been posted and now the 4th and final video is now up. For those of you caring to listen its here -- -- . These recordings were the result of only 4 rehearsals and was a feat in itself as it consisted of students, hobbyists, amateurs, semi-professional and professional accordions. This was a only a one time endeavor as was done only to show a new and non-traditional use of the accordion in a digital form. The serious minded accordionist in the far right and four seats to the rear is yours truly -- JIM D.

thanks for sharing - interesting stuff and quite an achievement really and seem quite nice memorable events too -

i am not a great fan of digital accordions but give them the respect they deserve and would like to see more of what the new ones can do over time

:ch

JimD
I have a question:
It's difficult to hear from the recording - what voicings (sounds) were used for Tuxedo Jn and the Godfather medley?
It seems to be mostly unison or are my ears not good enough to pick out more detail. If so, was that about time available for arranging/rehearsal etc or other reasons.
It is really great to see a bunch of people keen to take on new developments - and coming together in a group to do so. Interesting to see the youngsters - clearly a real family get-together.
I know Rolands produce strong feelings but they're not just in the negative direction. My first free reed box was an Anglo concertina made for me by H Crabb in London in about 1971 - can't get much more trad than that but I've had my FR1X buttn acc for a couple of months and I wouldn't be without it for the world!
More power to your elbow and to your association.

This performance consisted of a group of student, teacher, semi-pro and professional Roland accordion owners. It was only intended for a one time performance and was the result of only four rehearsals. The Orchestral voices used were a combination of Muted trumpet, Tenor sax, alto sax, AcGuitar,Vibes,Harp/Stings,Clarinet, Trombone,Mandolin and Flute. The Roland digital line of accordions are now 75% the instrument of choice when used in accordion competitions held all around the globe. JIM D.

JIM D. said:
The Roland digital line of accordions are now 75% the instrument of choice when used in accordion competitions held all around the globe.

Jim, its great that you are so enthusiastic about these instruments but come on, I find this very hard to believe!

If you care to go to the web and check out the 2012, 2013 accordion competitions from the US, Europe and China you will find of the finalists and winners 75% of the accordions used were Rolands. The amateur's in these competitions are of a young age and they are all choosing a new tech. and digital instrument for their personal use and performances. JIM D.

Here are some of the examples ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back