• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Eric Bouvelle + Domi Emorine

Status
Not open for further replies.

donn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
I just mentioned this in another thread, and it is in fact something I like a lot, so I figure maybe its time to stop appending off topic posts to the Metsavendade laul thread and start a new one.

These are two French accordion stars, of course, playing in Portugal. There are several videos, all worth watching, I guess this is my favorite:

Attachments

• Roland FR8X gig bag.JPG
    Roland FR8X gig bag.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 45
The longest, most pompous intro I've heard in a while. :D
Great technique though and sound nice and tight playing together.
I notice they are both 4 fingered players with a lazy thumb, but it hasn't dampened their spirit.

They're 4 fingered players for sure, but I'm pretty sure they do use their thumbs too, just once in a while. Emorine more than Bouvelle. The times I think I see Bouvelle doing it, it goes by so fast I can't be sure anything even happened, but it looks like he reaches out with it a little, where Emorine reaches in and probably uses it only on the outside row. Different variations on the technique. I don't think you'd ever catch them using the 5th row either. (Maybe the French have something against 5?) I'm really just guessing, though - I can't really see what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back