• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Dark eyes. Domi Emorine

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Krikri

Hello everyone,

I just found this incredible version played by Domi Emorine. One of the best version I heard, for sure!

Krikri post_id=60518 time=1529879102 user_id=2974 said:
Hello everyone,

I just found this incredible version played by Domi Emorine. One of the best version I heard, for sure!

Hi Krikri,

Amazing as you say. I remember her when she was being taught by Maurice Larcange, and even when she was playing pro she still used a little two voice Maugein Export for a time. I do believe she went down the classical road after Maurice had brought her up to professional standard when she was still very young.

Watching her finger movements was a treat, and serves to illustrate that if you want to play like that you have to start young.

Fortunately, most of us realise well never be able to play like that, and just find our own level. If I tried to move my fingers like that Id need to dip them in iced water for a year or two!

The beginning reminds me of Eric Bouvelle e Domi Emorine - Perles de Cristal.  Which tune I dont really care that much about, but its fun to watch these two tear up their accordions, in their relatively youthful condition 20 years ago.

I subbed on tuba for some casual shows a couple weeks ago, where this was one of the tunes - Ochi Chornye.  This guy liked to go to IV on the 7th full measure of the tune - terminology could be incorrect as this is of course minor, but here shes in Dm, so:  A7 / Dm / A7 / Bb / Gm / Dm / A7 / Dm /.   That Bb was new to me, but now it sounds kind of limp without it.

I believe they are saying (I don't know Russian...) it is Rudolf Würthner's arrangement, which I can easily believe as I have heard this before.

i don't know Russian either, but I think I've heard it, and it never sounded like that.

seems like the Frosini arrangement
I don't know whose arrangement that is. It's really fantastic. It is definitely not Frosini's arrangement.

Domi is certainly an excellent accordioniste with a great arrangement of a superb tune, but watching her facial expression during the performance has to be equally fascinating!??

The most impressive performance of this song I have ever seen is by Alexander Poeluev (and it's on piano-accordion no less):

Absolutely fantastic, Paul!??
Thanks for sharing this clip.
I'm no expert, but I would have said, from the sound of it, the instrument was a bayan ?

I'm no expert, but I would have said, from the sound of it, the instrument was a bayan ?
It does have that low bass.

That's Bugari quality and sound for you!
I believe this is the Bugari 289/ARS/C4 (so not even the top of the line) but it has very nice sound, including powerful bass.
(I played a Bugari 289/ARS/C5 before making the switch to CBA, the C5 being 5 voice versus the C4 that's 4 voice.)
Alexander also plays an AKKO PA (with bayan reed plates and a bayan bass side). Not sure how he decides what to play with the Bugari and what with the AKKO (except for classical work for which the Bugari is definitely the prefered one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back